Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

25 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Beni and Leeds are not the festivals they used to be, the rest are mid tier. Fatboy slim headlined beni last year, he wouldn’t get an other headline slot.

They’ve got a Finsbury Park date that they will probably sell out too.

People like naff music mate. Just accept it lol. You always seem to be belittling the popularity of acts you don’t like.

Admitting that artists like Kings of Leon are very popular doesn’t mean you have to listen to their albums and go to their concerts. I loathe them but they are a big band here.

It won't be Camila because she's not as big as Foals and isn't heading or subbing a festival of equivalent size and not as many people's mums have heard of her as Stormzy and reasons :ninja:

EDIT: there are also unanswered questions about her bag game

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

It won't be Camila because she's not as big as Foals and isn't heading or subbing a festival of equivalent size and not as many people's mums have heard of her as Stormzy and reasons :ninja:

EDIT: there are also unanswered questions about her bag game

Also some quite alarming issues around racism.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

I can't remember all the ins and outs on that one, but didn't she deal with that fairly appropriately?

Yeah she apologised. The apology was alright, given the posts were when she was a teenager, even if they were absolutely horrible - https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a30282281/camila-cabello-racist-tumblr-posts-controversy-apology-explained/

People can and do grow and learn of course, look at Stormzy and how he handled old homophobic tweets, although he has a much better excuse given where he was at that time in his life, as opposed to Cabello, who was already in a pop-group with Normani. Also his apology was better.

Anyway I don't think it actually effects her chances of playing the festival, it was mostly tongue in cheek.

Edited by MaxPower

53 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Niiiiice. I'm struggling to decide between seeing her at the O2 Ritz Manchester (any good? Never been) or just waiting for her End of the Road headline set

Love the Ritz. Great size, great location, great times. It's an O2 establishment though so pricey to drink (more than a fiver a pint)

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I really like the Ritz, probably my favourite venue in Manchester.

Although someone that actually lives in the city may disagree. 

There are some great venues in Manchester. The only crap ones are the arena and the Victoria Warehouse. The Ritz is ace now it has been renovated. 

The Apollo is my favourite.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Ritz is great but defo held back by being O2. The best venue in Manchester is objectively the Albert Hall. Pricey beer tho. 

I love the Albert Hall as well. Just got a lot of memories attached to the Apollo as it harks back to an era when the place was not choc full of gig venues, like it is now.

Without derailing the thread too much, there are plans for a 20K(ish) gig venue on the grounds around the Etihad. Think the owners of the arena are currently trying to put a feeble objection in.

A venue at the Etihad would be perfect for me as it is a 5 minute walk away,