Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

Just now, MaxPower said:

Yeah I get that, I just don't think the lineup from 2017 shows anything to indicate that. They're mostly similar acts, with the XX being the only real outlier, who were still paired with their most similar act.

The National and Radiohead have way more crossover than The National and Foo Fighters.

Biffy Clyro have way more crossover with Foo Fighters than Ed Sheeran.

The XX isn’t the outlier?

Just now, Matt42 said:

The National and Radiohead have way more crossover than The National and Foo Fighters.

Biffy Clyro have way more crossover with Foo Fighters than Ed Sheeran.

The XX isn’t the outlier?

Yes fine, they're not all directly aligned.

They're just a million times all more aligned to each other than Taylor and Skepta, which would be a really huge contrast. 

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yes fine, they're not all directly aligned.

They're just a million times all more aligned to each other than Taylor and Skepta, which would be a really huge contrast. 

And Glastonbury is known to do pairings that are that far apart.

Mumford & Sons and Nick bloody cave!

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mumford and Nick Cave is a much better example than any of the 2017 combos.

Although I still think it's a significant leap to Skepta-Taylor, which would either be an absolutely huge crowd migration, or be an awful crowd for Skepta full of people there for Taylor. 

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Although I still think it's a significant leap to Skepta-Taylor, which would either be an absolutely huge crowd migration, or be an awful crowd for Skepta full of people there for Taylor. 

I honestly think there’s more factors that come into play than that.

Vampire Weekend got a pretty poor crowd and I’d say they are a band quite similar to the cure. Just seems to be a bit of a wee break slot before any headliner.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly think there’s more factors that come into play than that.

Vampire Weekend got a pretty poor crowd and I’d say they are a band quite similar to the cure. Just seems to be a bit of a wee break slot before any headliner.

Yeah maybe, just looking at 2016, Foals into Muse is definitely the same lane, Tame Impala into Adele isn't a huge contrast, Beck into Coldplay is maybe a little further away, but again lightyears from Skepta into Taylor, so I'm not sure where the idea they put starkly different subs into headliners comes from.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think you're putting far too much weight on Glastonbury being able to pick when in reality its probably more down to which days people are available 

42 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

This would remind me of the Pendulum-Beyonce crowd back in 2011. I could see how it would work because Skepta has a fairly young audience but hardcore grime fans would almost certainly leave.

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

This would remind me of the Pendulum-Beyonce crowd back in 2011. I could see how it would work because Skepta has a fairly young audience but hardcore grime fans would almost certainly leave.

As someone definitely in the younger portion of this forum, the number of people I know who would want to see both Skepta and Taylor Swift is virtually zero.

Edited by MaxPower
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I thought the festival had said they were staying away from secret sets now they were getting massive and not secret at all?

Or was that speculation on here?

Could just bill them differently? Foals secret set last year wasn't very secret, just not on the poster. 

6 minutes ago, Cam91 said:

Could just bill them differently? Foals secret set last year wasn't very secret, just not on the poster. 

That's the problem with them. Tend to be big names on smaller stages, and because everyone knows them in advance now the crowd size becomes a bit of a risk

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's the problem with them. Tend to be big names on smaller stages, and because everyone knows them in advance now the crowd size becomes a bit of a risk

Yeah true, I meant more sets much earlier on than people would normally play. But would need to be on an open stage not a tent... may basically confine them to the Park. 

5 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

er, no, I don't like them.

whatever you think is fairly irrelevant, the fact is they're still headlining major festivals all over the world. they've done Benicassim, Reading/Leeds, Lollapalooza Berlin in the last couple of years, and Mad Cool and Hurricane/Southside announced for this summer.

they're not subbing the 2nd stage at those festivals.

Beni and Leeds are not the festivals they used to be, the rest are mid tier. Fatboy slim headlined beni last year, he wouldn’t get an other headline slot.