Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Did I make this up, or are Y Not announcing their lineup tonight? Curious to see what they've got after the big lineup last year.

Not certain about Y Not, but it wouldn't be a surprise - Truck and Tramlines are at 6pm and 7pm respectively and while they're not technically the same ownership as Y Not anymore there does appear to still be some links.

2 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Noticed Blood Orange is touring the US until March, then popping up at Melt! in Germany in July, hope this means he can pop over the UK at some point in between, glasto or otherwise! 

I REALLY wanted to see him last year out in Austin, Texas (was out there for work) but the show was completely sold out. Glasto would be amazing!

3 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I REALLY wanted to see him last year out in Austin, Texas (was out there for work) but the show was completely sold out. Glasto would be amazing!

He's been on my radar since 2017 I think and haven't noticed any UK dates, setlist.fm says there have been 2. Afternoon WH slot? 

16 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

He's been on my radar since 2017 I think and haven't noticed any UK dates, setlist.fm says there have been 2. Afternoon WH slot? 

I think that's quite possible although as you say he is a US act. It would be a good wildcard for WH but I never know how interested US acts are. Another slightly more commercial example is Kid Cudi, never has any UK tour dates and has never played Glasto.

16 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I think that's quite possible although as you say he is a US act. It would be a good wildcard for WH but I never know how interested US acts are. Another slightly more commercial example is Kid Cudi, never has any UK tour dates and has never played Glasto.

Wasn't he in Test Icicles? I don't think he is a US act. Although he may well be based there now I guess.

12 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

His popularity has always confuses me, seems relatively unheard of over here, despite being born in Ilford. Moved to the US and is apparently fairly popular over there (scoring Hollywood films and collaborating with people all over the place). Usually UK acts who break the US start by being popular over here but he seems to have just skipped that part? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

🙂

He also had a short career as Lightspeed Champion. I think it's fair to say his current persona is certainly a lot cooler than either of those previous incarnations!

Interesting. I was really surprised how popular he was in the US, even Stubhub/Viagogo had very few tickets and it was a fairly large venue. I can only guess that people genuinely wanted to go. Fingers crossed for a Glasto slot!

i don't think he's that popular in the US. More critically acclaimed than commercially successful, especially from his writing/production for other acts.

his last album was his highest charting so far, at no.98 in the US. In fact, his albums have all charted slightly higher in the UK than in the US.

Edited by ghostdancer1

23 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

🙂

He also had a short career as Lightspeed Champion. I think it's fair to say his current persona is certainly a lot cooler than either of those previous incarnations!

Didn't know that.  I really liked the Lightspeed Champion album!