Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Were being the operative word. 

Even as Kasabian's curve heads downwards and The 1975's is still sorta going up, the lines haven't intersected yet.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We'll all be owned if Kasabian headline next year.

You can guarantee that it will happen again.

Not sure if anyone here knows who they are but AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad) are touring the UK 4-15 July with nothing beforehand after 6 June at the mo.  Would be wicked for them to make an appearance, maybe at William's Green?  If they're even on the relevant organiser's radar haha

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Splonk said:

Not sure this hasn't been posted already...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 21.21.06.png

For me, Cypress Hill are a rarity. A hip-hop act that are as good live as they are on wax. So much fun. They're in Reykjavik on Friday 26. West Holts sub or headline maybe?

Seen so many great rap artists that have misfired live. Dunno what it is.

That earache presents stage at Kendall is absolutely quality. I'd spend the whole weekend there. Pigs Pigs Pigs etc, Massive Wagons, Hacktivist, Black Futures, Nova Twins, Hands Off Gretel. Hopefully glasto replicate something like that (but also get Fever 333)

Other stuff from Kendall I'd welcome with open arms YMA6, Dizzie, Primal Scream, Elvana, Pulled Apart By Horses and Flex 80s Disco Workout (just sounds like a laugh)

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Now this is a decent way to do a lineup announcement .... some of the other posters have been pretty unimaginative / almost unreadable ....

Video announcements aren't great if you’re busy and only have time to have quick glances. I just don’t bother until the poster comes out.

Liam Payne doing festivals is something though. Fortunately not a big billing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Video announcements aren't great if you’re busy and only have time to have quick glances. I just don’t bother until the poster comes out.

I get that ... but at least it shows basic levels of creativity ...and thats my thing :) 

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep, they're terrible. Almost as bad as video announcements for starting lineups from football clubs when you just wanna have a quick glance to see if your fantasy football team's player is starting. 

Edited by The Martini Police

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah. I think they thought they'd be doing bigger gigs too from what they'd said in interviews, but I guess if bands drop down a level to take some paydays then they ought to be willing to stay at that level.

I know it's been delayed so much that it's hardly a two-parter anymore but I think The 1975's double album is panning out like that a little too, especially in how comparatively little press their new songs are getting.

I dunno, from the interviews, I kind of felt like even though they may have been saying it, it didn't seem like they actually meant it/thought it. Yannis seems like he can't be bothered doing interviews most of the time, and he's certainly not someone who "plays the game" that well. Any interview I've seen with them I'm usually left thinking that they could really sell themselves more if they were arsed.

As for the music, if they really wanted to be at legit headliner level, they'd presumably start writing a few poppier tracks to give them more of a mainstream boost. Lead singles like Black Bull and The Runner aren't really conducive to superstar status. I get the feeling that they're happier to just write songs/albums that they enjoy, even if it means headlining 2nd-tier festivals and subbing Glastonbury etc, rather than "doing a Kings of Leon".

in contrast, Matt Healy seems like he's very happy to do whatever his PR team tell him, and The 1975 will do whatever it takes and jump on any bandwagon to get to superstar status - they even have a Greta Thunberg sample intro to their new album.... I said it before, but I'm just waiting for them to come out with a track in Mandarin so that they have another market to sell themselves out to. Maybe a Daddy Yankee collab on the next album to hit the Latin America market hard.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

in contrast, Matt Healy seems like he's very happy to do whatever his PR team tell him, and The 1975 will do whatever it takes and jump on any bandwagon to get to superstar status - they even have a Greta Thunberg sample intro to their new album.... I said it before, but I'm just waiting for them to come out with a track in Mandarin so that they have another market to sell themselves out to. Maybe a Daddy Yankee collab on the next album to hit the Latin America market hard.

Imagine