Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

19 minutes ago, Bisque said:

My friend was her manager. Used his earnings to pay for teacher training & thus had to turn down a free ticket to Glasto.

Giving up a free ticket? Now that really shows commitment to the education system! Lucy was really good, Avalon was busy and enjoyed her performance. 

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Giving up a free ticket? Now that really shows commitment to the education system! Lucy was really good, Avalon was busy and enjoyed her performance. 

She was ‘found’ on Youtube, I think he got a pay off to allow her to be on the show or certainly made a bit of money off it, bought a brand new Focus ST in cash which we immediately wrapped in clingfilm. Geography teacher, gave me great advice during my training too. Works in a really small school so no chance he could get time off, they are still friends.

He loves gigs but doesn’t really do festivals other than Leeds our old local one, proper emo type with a fringe so Glasto isn’t on his radar.

There’s a few stories about him being spotted by students!

Edited by Bisque

4 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

This has probably been mentioned but Suede are touring, so far only dotted around and in various countries.

I saw them last year at Bilbao BBK and they were excellent live i was really surprised how good they were actually.

Apparently Brett (or one of them) was asked in an interview not that long ago and he denied it. I'll try finding it later if I can be bothered

37 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I really hope we get Robyn but if we get her I see her headlining a stage which puts me in a right fucking predicament. 

John Peel stage? Done that before. 

As for predicaments, I’m already resigned myself to the fact that there will be clashes everywhere. And I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

48 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

As reported on Efests, Travis are active playing in Edinburgh 20th August, they headlined in 2000? 

Any chance of a slot this year? Obviously not headlining, i caught them on the telly playing Hogmany and i was quite impressed with their live performance.

I’m sure a space on the bill can be found for them somewhere.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I‘be wondered before if they could have a few former headliners dotted around the lineup. The likes of Travis, Ash, Skunk Anansie, etc...

Didn’t Emily elude to a something like this. I’m trying to find the quote.

I think it would be great. Didn’t Ash headline a smaller stage a few years ago? I don’t know whether I’m imagining things.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Didn’t Emily elude to a something like this. I’m trying to find the quote.

I think it would be great. Didn’t Ash headline a smaller stage a few years ago? I don’t know whether I’m imagining things.

Headlined JP in 2010 I think, although they’d be lucky to get a slot that prominent these days. Would be cool to have a few previous headliners who’ve dropped off scattered throughout the lineup, even if I doubt I’d fancy catching many of them.