Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

I don't get why an act would agree to be exclusive and not even be headlining. Surely they can't be making it enough from it to make it more worthwhile than doing a bunch of other shows.

It makes sense for headliners; like The Cure only did two shows in 2018 but I'm sure they got paid a LOT for it. But an act thats just on the undercard at a festival? Makes no sense to me.

Edited by Gilgamesh69

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't get why an act would agree to be exclusive and not even be headlining. Surely they can't be making it enough from it to make it more worthwhile than doing a bunch of other shows.

It makes sense for headliners; like The Cure only did two shows in 2018 but I'm sure they got paid a LOT for it. But an act thats just on the undercard at a festival? Makes no sense to me.

They are probably only taking the day out of album recording to play the gig for their mates. 

2 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Skepta would probably get a decent slot but I had a few mates go to his last show which they said was terrible - would much rather see JME tbh

Lol you messing? I seen him last on that Dystopia thing it was SICK. One of the best things I’ve ever been to. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Lol you messing? I seen him last on that Dystopia thing it was SICK. One of the best things I’ve ever been to. 

think it was ally pally, weak setlist, no old stuff, was getting aggy with the crowd - I wasn't there but had about 6 mates go in 2 separate groups and they all said it was whack, in fact one of them wouldn't shut up moaning about it for days after lol

edit: these are actual fans of him though who have probably seen him 10+ times over the last 10 years)

Edited by grilladelphia
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If we weren't so convinced it's Kenny then it would put a cat amongst the pigeons. Is Axl up to three nights in a row these days?

Whatever happened to Emily saying about the big rock slot act this year (I know we all presumed it was Aerosmith but on Sat instead).

Increasing the pyramid field too...

(I don’t believe it either)

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How good would Nils Frahm be headlining The Park 

I like a lot of artists who play fairly mellow music that many people say must be/are boring live but with Nils...how does it actually work live? Is it quite different to his recorded music? It seems to be the definition of background music to me. Genuinely curious as if it's quite different or if people really are standing there captivated by those tracks played in the same way. 

11 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I like a lot of artists who play fairly mellow music that many people say must be/are boring live but with Nils...how does it actually work live? Is it quite different to his recorded music? It seems to be the definition of background music to me. Genuinely curious as if it's quite different or if people really are standing there captivated by those tracks played in the same way. 

The live setup now is the more electronic stuff, less of the piano (e.g. Solo) stuff. If you've ever seen Kiasmos live it's a pretty similar sort of idea.

4 minutes ago, doogie said:

Has any one mentioned The Lightning Seeds yet?

https://lightningseeds.co.uk/march-jollification-the-summer/

Looks like they're active this summer, and they often do Glastonbury when the football's on

They tweeted this the other day...

9 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

When i saw him in the concert hall in Glasgow it was pretty damn loud, really captivating stuff. Lot of tracks build up through each other to a crescendo/chorus. I saw him at Primavera too and whilst I don't think it was quite as good as in his own setting, he was well capable of it. I think it'd work great up at The Park as the crowd is above the stage. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

In 2017 I had seen them a lot by that point and I wasn’t really expecting much from them but they absolutely nailed it. One of my favourite sets of the weekend actually. They sound absolutely amazing live.

I loved their 2017 set. Bloody awesome! I hope they’re back.