Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just saw in the other thread. Thanks mate. Also seen PSB are now Sunday other headliners.

Royal Blood (fri)

Calvin Harris (sat)

Pet Shop Boys (sun)

it is then! 

it does make sense to call it ‘pyramid level’. Royal Blood and Calvin are two acts which arguably are gunning to headline a few other uk festivals. Headline level acts at other festivals.

Why PSB Sunday? What has changed? 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Royal Blood due a return visit to the farm, they were tremendous in 2017 

In 2017 I had seen them a lot by that point and I wasn’t really expecting much from them but they absolutely nailed it. One of my favourite sets of the weekend actually. They sound absolutely amazing live.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

in the press release it only claims Young Fathers as an exclusive - so i reckon APE is claiming the line-up as 'exclusive' rather than Massive attack.

The website's definitely (probably intentionally) ambiguous innit

Just now, eFestivals said:

with my cynical head on, the 'uk exclusive' is the line-up and not Massive Attack.

It doesn't claim MA as an exclusive on their page, whereas it does for Young Fathers.

True. Claiming your lineup is exclusive is a bit wild considering it would take some dark magic for someone elsewhere to book the exact same bill as you but I guess you're right - being cynical I wouldn't put anything past marketers... 

Just now, eFestivals said:

with my cynical head on, the 'uk exclusive' is the line-up and not Massive Attack.

It doesn't claim MA as an exclusive on their page, whereas it does for Young Fathers.

Wow, you're not wrong. 

Crazy if true, what a bizarre claim. Also why on earth are YF a "worldwide exclusive"?! 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

True. Claiming your lineup is exclusive is a bit wild considering it would take some dark magic for someone elsewhere to book the exact same bill as you but I guess you're right - being cynical I wouldn't put anything past marketers... 

Yes, this ^. Remember, this is a fest which has had difficulty shifting tickets, too.

MA might be an exclusive of course - but I'm far from sure right now.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I've seen it done before, which is precisely why I'm a little suspicious of it here.

It would be very odd not to also claim it in the text somewhere else otherwise.

Yeah wasn't disagreeing with you, just the weak marketing ploy. It's like those shampoo adverts that claim that it now has added whogivesafuckamine chemical that is probably another name for water and soap. I guess it must work so the consumers are as much to blame as the advertisers.