Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah it always struck me as a Justin ego thing than an actual fallout, clearly thought he was the biggest thing about for about 18 months. 

Mad how they went from an arena tour and headling Reading and Leeds in 04, to Justin being defeated by Scooch at the Eurovision qualifiers in 07. That 03 into 04 period with the weight of the NME, KERRANG and Q all behind them was really something. I remember getting a 2 part mega poster with KERRANG on Justin Hawkins nude on a cliff top. It was proper Smash Hits fever.

Watching the Darkness sing a new terrible song about meat at Leeds 04 did feel like the start of the downfall.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Amen!  Saw them on the Gully back in 2015 and they were good.  Saw them last year supported by Bedouin Soundclash (what a pair to see in one night!) and they've only got better.  Top band.

I'm tempted to break my rules about London gigs as they're touring with Interrupters at the moment...

yeah same here, listened to Swimming Lessons a tonne when it first came out, but not seen any of the tracks performed live as yet, would love to see them on a slightly bigger stage early afternoon slot

Edited by grilladelphia

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Mad how they went from an arena tour and headling Reading and Leeds in 04, to Justin being defeated by Scooch at the Eurovision qualifiers in 07. That 03 into 04 period with the weight of the NME, KERRANG and Q all behind them was really something. I remember getting a 2 part mega poster with KERRANG on Justin Hawkins nude on a cliff top. It was proper Smash Hits fever.

Watching the Darkness sing a new terrible song about meat at Leeds 04 did feel like the start of the downfall.

They became a parody of themselves and the genre . Pity, I saw them sell out the Secc in Glasgow 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yes please. Are you going the Feb. tour? 

Apparently, FFAF this is their last show (again) - they've said it's the 'last chance to dance'...

Missing this one. I've been lucky that they've played a venue nearby me a couple of times in the last few years so thought I couldn't justify the expense of travelling for it this time round. 

I honestly believe that they (still Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes) are one of the best touring bands around at the moment.

5 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I mean, we already knew they were around, but....

IMG_20200127_103148.jpg

these guys are toying with me. I fly back to London from Dublin that day. Hahaha. And still nothing during that weekend to rule them out despite the “only uk show” thing being kind of soft.

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Would absolutely love distillers and/or System of a Down here. Lord knows where they’d play like

Yeh me too, there's a lot on that poster that excites me but particularly those two (ones that sadly got away in my metaller years). 

Quite why the fuck I haven't been back to Download since 2003 is anyone's guess. I blame my friends' terrible tastes in music...

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Didn’t Sofi Tucker cancel at the last minute last year. Can anyone remember why? I vaguely remember an injury but that could have been someone else. 

Mightve been one of them being sick. If they end up there its probably john peel and a huge dance party will commence.

and if anyone wanted a better res of osheaga. Yes, they usually wait til Lollapalooza Chicago announces theirs to announce.

B101CEB9-EFAE-4EA7-95A3-487C89D86B4B.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Mightve been one of them being sick. If they end up there its probably john peel and a huge dance party will commence.

and if anyone wanted a better res of osheaga. Yes, they usually wait til Lollapalooza Chicago announces theirs to announce.

B101CEB9-EFAE-4EA7-95A3-487C89D86B4B.jpeg

Lots of overlap last year.

Tame Impala, Hozier, Chemical Brothers, Mac DeMarco, Denzel Curry, Janelle Monae, Fontaines DC, FKJ, Kurt Vile, King Princess, Sigrid, Black Madonna just at a quick glance, I'm sure there's plenty more.

Although given how weak their lineup is this year I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Edited by MaxPower