Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Wow, they played some shows towards the end of last year - as a fundraiser for the family of one of their best friends. I got the impression that was that, but looks like they're back

Tom Jones dates with a big Glasto gap

Belfast Botanic Gardens, 31 May
Cork Live At The Marquee, 02 June
Hull College Craven Park Stadum, 13
Darlington Arena, 14
Plymouth Hoe, 19
Telford QEII Arena, 28
Tonbridge The Hop Farm, 05 July
Newmarket Racecourse, 24
Carlisle Bitts Park, 26
Norwich Earlham Park, 16 Aug

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Tom Jones dates with a big Glasto gap

Belfast Botanic Gardens, 31 May
Cork Live At The Marquee, 02 June
Hull College Craven Park Stadum, 13
Darlington Arena, 14
Plymouth Hoe, 19
Telford QEII Arena, 28
Tonbridge The Hop Farm, 05 July
Newmarket Racecourse, 24
Carlisle Bitts Park, 26
Norwich Earlham Park, 16 Aug

oioi

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Surprised to see Funeral for a Friend there, didn't realise they were still a thing.

Would absolutely love distillers and/or System of a Down here. Lord knows where they’d play like

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I am fully convinced acts structure their tours with a glasto gap just in case they get a call.

Bonobo said he purposely left a Glastonbury gap in his touring schedule a couple of years ago but never got the call. So I don't think you're far off for some acts. 

Picture shamelessly stolen from this very site:

Screenshot_20170530-225539.thumb.png.c29c97601d3dca0f3c9dcc9bf67f2a32.png

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

2020 Poster

Not usually a huge crossover with Download but can we have Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes back please?

Yes please. Are you going the Feb. tour? 

Apparently, FFAF this is their last show (again) - they've said it's the 'last chance to dance'...

Edited by vintagelaureate

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah you're right, and despite the fact they only subbed Glastonbury in 2017 they seem to headline everywhere else so Emily's comment still stands. Think they're more of a front runner for this than anybody else now.

Very possible Biffy Clyro will headline the other,  Sunday night.  A good contrast from Swifty on the pyramid. They’ve been mentioned for a few years as possible headliners but I reckon the  Pyramid headline ship has sailed for them. Would fit in with the comments about pyramid style headliners on other stages. 

5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

That seems like someone said to Justin that Glastonbury wants to book them when they didn't and then got pissed off because no one contacted them.

From what I know (grew up in the same area and went to the same school as the band (fair few years prior) he was a complete dick to anyone outside of their circles and it only got worse. 

He has made apologies since he's been sober though and especially since the band have been back, I think they'd make a fantastic early other band for a bit of fun. 

Edited by chazwwe

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

That seems like someone said to Justin that Glastonbury wants to book them when they didn't and then got pissed off because no one contacted them.

From what I know (grew up in the same area and went to the same school as the band (fair few years prior) he was a complete dick to anyone outside of their circles and it only got worse. 

Yeah it always struck me as a Justin ego thing than an actual fallout, clearly thought he was the biggest thing about for about 18 months. 

Just now, grilladelphia said:

looking through the download poster again.. would love to see the skints at G this year!

Amen!  Saw them on the Gully back in 2015 and they were good.  Saw them last year supported by Bedouin Soundclash (what a pair to see in one night!) and they've only got better.  Top band.

I'm tempted to break my rules about London gigs as they're touring with Interrupters at the moment...