Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Amazing how he can be big enough to sell out Hampden Park and that's the only song I've heard of his. He'd be a real difficult one to place, absolutely huge among his own fan base (and all of Scotland by the looks of it!), but would many people at Glastonbury be bothered about him?

We turned up to his set in the JP Tent last year about 10 minutes before he came on, couldn't get in the tent at all - so I guess the answer to your question is yes, very much so.

31 minutes ago, The Spandex Warrior said:

We turned up to his set in the JP Tent last year about 10 minutes before he came on, couldn't get in the tent at all - so I guess the answer to your question is yes, very much so.

Yeah bang on, all the girls from my group left to go see him, which was impressive given it was 2pm slot.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

All the more strange given he's brutal. 

The rest of my team went to see him while I ducked out to see Carrie Underwood. I then spent the rest of the weekend getting roasted by them for missing Gerry Cinnamon. 

Get, and I can't stress this enough, tae fuck.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The rest of my team went to see him while I ducked out to see Carrie Underwood. I then spent the rest of the weekend getting roasted by them for missing Gerry Cinnamon. 

By the time we got to the JP it was rammed, absolutely no way you could even burrow through the crowd so we listened from just outside. He interacts well with his audience so you really have to be in amongst the crowd to appreciate him. Obviously not everyones favourite but he has a good following. He made a comment that he would be back but on a bigger stage. Maybe the other stage? 

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's grounds for getting a new team

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Avalanches you say? Could they be back for another crack after their last set didn’t work out well?

Could maybe see them getting a JP slot, although despite not having seen them last time around my enthusiasm for them as a live prospect has petered out quite a bit. The mystery of them after Since I Left You has gone now that they're just a regular touring band.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could maybe see them getting a JP slot, although despite not having seen them last time around my enthusiasm for them as a live prospect has petered out quite a bit. The mystery of them after Since I Left You has gone now that they're just a regular touring band.

Missed them last time but heard it was a bit of a stinker, technical problems all over the shop.