Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

Really can't see Strokes popping up at all. Gerry Cinnamon is one of those weird 'oh he's massive' acts that normally don't miss me. Only really started hearing his name last summer and then you see videos like the one posted and its like 'how does that happen'. I can see 3rd/4th down on Other similar slot to Billy Eilish last year. Put him on just after Diana Ross is finishing. 

39 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Really can't see Strokes popping up at all. Gerry Cinnamon is one of those weird 'oh he's massive' acts that normally don't miss me. Only really started hearing his name last summer and then you see videos like the one posted and its like 'how does that happen'. I can see 3rd/4th down on Other similar slot to Billy Eilish last year. Put him on just after Diana Ross is finishing. 

Gerry is just someone who has completely passed me by. Just had a brief look on Spotify and I haven’t heard a single tune. Not my thing but I can see the appeal.

Third down other I reckon. 

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

If Glastonbury was slightly more to the north he'd be a shoe in for Other headline, his stock drops the further you get from Scotland though.

This is fucking bananas

Amazing how he can be big enough to sell out Hampden Park and that's the only song I've heard of his. He'd be a real difficult one to place, absolutely huge among his own fan base (and all of Scotland by the looks of it!), but would many people at Glastonbury be bothered about him?

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Amazing how he can be big enough to sell out Hampden Park and that's the only song I've heard of his. He'd be a real difficult one to place, absolutely huge among his own fan base (and all of Scotland by the looks of it!), but would many people at Glastonbury be bothered about him?

You’d be surprised by just how big his fan base has gotten over the last year. He’s not for me in the slightest but he’s selling out some really sizeable venues and is only getting bigger, with a second album due out in the next few months. If he plays Glastonbury it’ll be something like subbing Other, and it’ll be rammed. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I know virtually nothing about Gerry Cinnamon and couldn’t name a single song of his. I have seen he’s a very big deal at the moment though. How big of a slot will he get if he’s booked? Weren’t people expecting him to headline TRNSMT? Other sub?

He's about 3rd down on Pyramid or Other sub.

However as another poster says, he sells out Arenas these days, so he might fancy avoiding the farm this year and aiming for a bigger slot down the line.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Diana Ross has already confirmed two guests for her slot - one old and one new.  Lionel has been mentioned for the former, but it could just as easily be The Hitmaker (and owner)

Chris Martin in a wig and blackface with Nile tied up  and gagged in his trailer.

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Lionel’s playing in Germany on the Sunday. Could still happen via helicopters/private jets, but less likely now. Reckon it’ll be Bazza for Chain Reaction

Stop it.  Even as a dream that's too sweet.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

With ref to The Strokes;

What we know: 

• They are playing multiple slots at European Festivals this year
  • They said on Radio 6 that they weren't playing UK festival and doing their own show
  • Glastonbury don't pay as much as other festivals

What we think:

• They are (still) in it for the bucks before anything else
  • They (might) have egos that mean they usually only accept headline slot (although this maybe related to the fees)
  • They are unlikely to ever play Glastonbury because of the reduced payday

Is there a bit of contradiction here? If they are only in it for the bucks, why would they not play Glastonbury if it fits into their schedule. Sure it won't be as profitable as a full paycheck elsewhere but they'd make money and get exposure(?); if they are that financially ruthless wouldn't it be more profitable than a night off?

If they are going to play 1 big show in the UK why are they not taking that approach with the rest of Europe? Surely these cost a lot more than festival appearances to put on (the infrastructure and logistics alone, and you'd normally expect a higher production level) and there would be significant economies of scale. Why would they take one approach with UK and a seemingly conflicting one with European festivals?

For a band that seem so cut and dry about the business rather than the art, either the festival circuit or exclusive shows seem to make the most sense, not a combination of both.

Solid points, I would personally imagine its some sort of day festival based on this and allegedly doing 'their own thing'

Did APE last summer so wont be there, BST ruled out (I believe) - Finsbury Park too similar by location also?

If not Finbsury Park, I would bet on something similar. Basically a (predominantly) one stage open air gig that is a festival in name only, that they don't need to cart around their own stuff for too much... cant really think of many in the UK off the top of my head but if they start not being announced things like that, it might be a good sign.  

5 minutes ago, Cam91 said:

Solid points, I would personally imagine its some sort of day festival based on this and allegedly doing 'their own thing'

Did APE last summer so wont be there, BST ruled out (I believe) - Finsbury Park too similar by location also?

If not Finbsury Park, I would bet on something similar. Basically a (predominantly) one stage open air gig that is a festival in name only, that they don't need to cart around their own stuff for too much... cant really think of many in the UK off the top of my head but if they start not being announced things like that, it might be a good sign.  

The Eden Sessions then?

It's the hope that kills you 😂😂