Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Where’s that side eye dog picture when you need it?

Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Stevie Nicks, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila Cabello, Kacey Musgraves, Diana Ross, and all the other female popstars likely to appear looks great to me. But I can totally see that many will look at that and just think “pop landfill”. 

I love pop at Glastonbury and at the end of the day it’s probably the music I enjoy the most with a festival crowd and with friends. However even I can see that it’s... a lot of pop. Especially throwing Lewis Capaldi, and the inevitable male singer songwriters on top of it.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Stevie Nicks, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Camila Cabello, Kacey Musgraves, Diana Ross, and all the other female popstars likely to appear looks great to me. But I can totally see that many will look at that and just think “pop landfill”. 

I love pop at Glastonbury and at the end of the day it’s probably the music I enjoy the most with a festival crowd and with friends. However even I can see that it’s... a lot of pop. Especially throwing Lewis Capaldi, and the inevitable male singer songwriters on top of it.

I don't want to embarrass you here or anything but you do know that Stevie Nicks is the singer out of Fleetwood Mac, don't you?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Bit hypocritical to berate  how gender on a lineup would be received then chuck that stereotype in 

Just now, dentalplan said:

I don't want to embarrass you here or anything but you do know that Stevie Nicks is the singer out of Fleetwood Mac, don't you?

Err yes...Fleetwood Mac make pop music. Just like the Beatles have also made pop music.

1 minute ago, CJTM said:

Bit hypocritical to berate  how gender on a lineup would be received then chuck that stereotype in 

My point went over your head but okay. My point was actually not to do with gender, it was about genre.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Err yes...Fleetwood Mac make pop music. Just like the Beatles have also made pop music.

and Glastonbury has always been a pop festival.

So anyone getting angry is just being a plank, of the same sort who used to scream "where's all the metal?" about Reading every year. It's much more about that person saying "they're not my favourite bands" than anything of much sense.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You think that 'the gammon' would be furious to see Fleetwood Mac headlining? The band who produced 'Rumours', the best selling album of the 1970's?

Do you just mean 'misogynists' at this point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Alisha Keys would be cool. I dunno what she plays live either? Does she do stuff like You Don’t Know My Name and Fallin’?

She plays the hits, so I wouldnt worry too much. Also does Empire State of Mind if you needed a Jay Z fix. She hasnt toured fullt in 5 years but those sets covered all the bases.

Edited by Suprefan

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You think that 'the gammon' would be furious to see Fleetwood Mac headlining? The band who produced 'Rumours', the best selling album of the 1970's?

Why are you singling out Stevie nicks when my comment was about all of those acts together? Ie the quantity of pop bookings on this lineup.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Christ can we not have this same argument on here again.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why are those acts all together?

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. There are a lot of pop acts in contention for Glastonbury this year, and in my view, more than ever before. I was simply pointing out that out. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a year with so many popstars being booked (both male and female). It’s not a problem to me and I welcome it. But I’m not going to put my head in the sand and pretend that some might find that pop at Glastonbury is gradually being over represented as a genre. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But I’m not going to put my head in the sand and pretend that some might find that pop at Glastonbury is gradually being over represented as a genre. 

But you seem to be talking more about those people, and how fuming they’re going to be, than you are the music itself. And also dismissing them (i.e. people with different music tastes to you) as gammon.

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

But you seem to be talking more about those people, and how fuming they’re going to be, than you are the music itself. And also dismissing them (i.e. people with different music tastes to you) as gammon.

I definitely read more about “gammons” and their alleged views from Matt on here than I do from the people themselves anywhere on the internet.

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. There are a lot of pop acts in contention for Glastonbury this year, and in my view, more than ever before. I was simply pointing out that out. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a year with so many popstars being booked (both male and female). It’s not a problem to me and I welcome it. But I’m not going to put my head in the sand and pretend that some might find that pop at Glastonbury is gradually being over represented as a genre. 

I mean I strongly doubt we'll get the majority of theacts you mentioned as well. Would be suprised if Camilla Cabello, Stevie Nicks or Kesha turn up. Think maybe we will get one of Gwen/Alicia but not both. By the time you factor in TLC, Dua, TSwiz and Diana Ross who are all but confirmed I dont think you'll be getting many more pop acts on the Pyramid