Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You could maybe dream of him on the Pyramid or the Acoustic but they'll never put him on West Holts.

Pour que?

Is there some personal beef?

Otherwise Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, Bryan Ferry, The Jacksons all acts of similar stature who have headlined in recent years.

His back catalogue is broad enough and jazzy enough to qualify for the world music/jazz vibe of the stage.

I can’t see a slot he’d be better suited to.

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Pour que?

Is there some personal beef?

Otherwise Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, Bryan Ferry, The Jacksons all acts of similar stature who have headlined in recent years.

His back catalogue is broad enough and jazzy enough to qualify for the world music/jazz vibe of the stage.

I can’t see a slot he’d be better suited to.

They've had a few hoary old bluesmeisters on there during the day sure - Dr John and so on - but recently the trend is more for a good old knees up to finish off the evening.  He may be of a similar stature to, say, Chic - but the vibe is pretty different.

He's obviously played the Pyramid a few times anyway, and was strongly rumoured for a slot on there 4 or 5 years back.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They've had a few hoary old bluesmeisters on there during the day sure - Dr John and so on - but recently the trend is more for a good old knees up to finish off the evening.  He may be of a similar stature to, say, Chic - but the vibe is pretty different.

He's obviously played the Pyramid a few times anyway, and was strongly rumoured for a slot on there 4 or 5 years back.

Gotta disagree. Whilst I agree that they have been putting on some great party headliners recently, like justice(!), from what I can see there seems to also be at least one smoother kind of headliner most years. Sometimes they’re golden oldies, a la bryan ferry, sometimes they’re more contemporary, a la james blake.

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

Her last 2 dates in the UK have been subbing at Hard Rock Calling and BST.

which were also 2 of the only festivals she's ever played in her entire career (if you even count BST as a festival).

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=stevie+nicks+festival

playing 4 festivals next year, the most she's ever done, and one she's subbing, and one is basically a glorified concert.

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

I would hate it but looks like Camila Cabello would be in Glasto. It was mentioned already but her dates are so obvious for Friday... 

Screenshot_2020-01-18-22-07-09-882_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e6986ce2b1f7396779f4f389ed948120.jpg

She subbed TS at Wembley in 2018 so makes sense she might turn up for a girls weekend 😀

38 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The new editors rumour for Friday JP, where’s that come from?

That is a horrible clash for me with Kendrick. 

Someone said they were headlining the JP on the Friday night.  Was such a random bit of info that we’ve presumed it’s true

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its always a good thing when theres acts you dont like that turn up at glasto. That means everyone will be seeing them and you can go see something else  instead and not have that stage rammed.  But everyone can enjoy the autotune and miming camila will have on the Pyramid, though.

Glastonbury has enough punters that 2 or 3 of the big stages can all be mobbed at the same time.