Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

50 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Anyone been to Governors Ball? It's always a decent lineup, tickets dont seem extortionate and its in NYC. 

Bad time of the year for weather. Theyve had evacuations and cancellations constantly due to storms. Its on an island, so you gotta walk across a bridge to get there or take a ferry if you like. The line up will look pretty sparse when the day solits are announced along with the schedule. Crowd isnt the best either. 

new Orleans Jazz Festival aka dad rock in the south

CDE38D3B-B8D7-4D6E-AC46-D0901BE3E9B8.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:
7E70482E-8EB5-45E3-9E9D-95B343129749.png.1b78c0c5a15af6d6eb7df8b9fd4b92f1.png

Missy elliot!!! I hope she shows up at Glasto. 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Despacio returning would be brilliant 

Would like to Rufus Du Sol from Govt Ball, but no idea where they'd place here, probably lower than they'd want to accept 

I saw them at Osheaga in Canada last summer and they were fantastic but had poor billing. I dont think they're too fussy about spots. I'd love to see them again. 

36 minutes ago, zero000 said:

She's not big enough on her own to sub imo. Bit middling without the rest of the band.

Whether she’s big enough or not is regardless. She will command that slot anyway if she’s plays.

She usually only accepts headline slots so to see her sub something is cool.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Whether she’s big enough or not is regardless. She will command that slot anyway if she’s plays.

She usually only accepts headline slots so to see her sub something is cool.

Bit of a circular argument no? She’s by definition big enough for the slot if she plays the slot. 

Can’t see her playing given how much Glastonbury have been chasing the Mac. It would be pretty anticlimactic to have her play a set before a potential full fat Fleetwood Mac set imo. 

11 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I am wandering if there is any chance of having Portugal the Man in Glasto. The last day they have currently is in US, but after that... Europe? 

Screenshot_2020-01-16-22-48-44-692_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'd think if they don't have any mid June/early July festivals lined up already (from the posters we've seen so far) I'd think its unlikely. 

*EDIT* I've just seen this was already posted 🤦‍♂️.

None the less, some quality additions on their line up this year and so close to Glastonbury weekend. 

The National being over in Europe so near to Glastonbury weekend is promising! Would also love to see Dinosaur Jr back on the farm, they were quality on The Park last time out. 

_20200117_070756.JPG

Edited by Familiar2billions

1 hour ago, Friendly Banter said:

Sonar got Despacio. That would be absolutely packed at Glastonbury. I wonder if they would even put it on the field. It would be unreal! 

I got in on the first night before people really caught wind of it. Was fantastic! Then again at All Points East the other year was amazing! Unfortunately I can never convince myself or others to pay the £50 when they do it in London. 

Despacio at Coachella was never crowded at all since they placed it at the entrance so once people went in,  they would really want to walk back to it at all. They did a multi hour Prince tribute set to start one of the days since it was right after he passed. At Panorama it got packed a couple of times because there was a horrible heat wave at the time and people just needed to cool off.