Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Definitely not an exclusive as he has been announced for Parklife too (tho I cant seem him doing Glasto unfortunately, not sure it would pay enough/he'd get a good enough slot)

Think he will play, playing Longitude weekend before, big gap in his calendar for it.

Do worry about the billing aspect though, given headlining Longitude and Parklife - something like WH headline would feel like a step down.

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Worldwide exclusive for 2020 and no other shows

Source?

Edit:  just googled its true dad gummit

That would have been unbelievable. Whats the deal with all this exclusive bullshit. Just comes off as selfish shithousery by primavera.

Edited by mattiloy
Edit

20 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Source?

Edit:  just googled its true dad gummit

That would have been unbelievable. Whats the deal with all this exclusive bullshit. Just comes off as selfish shithousery by primavera.

I mean, if they're doing no other shows then clearly its on Pavement on taking that money and saying yes to it? 

With The Strokes being announced for Primavera surely we should be expecting at least 1 UK date during their time over Europe? Surely Glasto seems the most likely due to its relatively closer timeframe than any of the other festivals? Unless Primavera is the start of the tour and they play the UK near the end...

Hoping that information floating around last year was current but just for the wrong year...

Iggy Pop at Glastonbury would be class. Haven’t seen him yet I’m ashamed to say. Would The Strokes be in contention for Other headliner or sub? 

I read Pavement would be an exclusive a while back for Primavera.

I wasn’t that mad on Primavera when I went. Felt the atmosphere was really flat all weekend due to the heat and it just felt too safe and boring. Line up’s are usually solid but I doubt I would ever go again. Also there was branding absolutely everywhere which reinforced that feeling of being a customer. 

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Primavera Sound lineup leaked by Pavement. A thing of beauty. 

83093206_1485050231653746_7509161958076055552_o.thumb.jpg.2fbeba67bb9cffd2dda1d8c4215d8b62.jpg

Bill Callahan feels like he's overdue a trip to the farm and Freddie Gibbs and Madlib would be ace as well. Cracking line-up that and on my birthday but we've maxed out grandparental babysitting for Glastonbury so it's not going to happen.

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

If King Giz close a stage on Saturday I think I'll cry.

I saw they’re playing a festival in Portugal in July so they’re definitely coming back to Europe after Bonnaroo, hopefully it’s in time for Glastonbury. 

8 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

PRIMAVERA THOUGHTS WITH RELATION TO GLASTONBURY. 
- Lana sub back in contention?

- National Other Stage headliner?

- What other UK festivals could the strokes do? Could they play? 

- Iggy Pop finally Glasto bound? 

- god that lineups so good.

i don’t think this really changes things with Lana, the reason we thought she was doubtful was her playing Europe early June then going back to America. Hopefully we do get her, Iggy and The National though.

24 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Snoop is opening for G&R in Florida.

Snoop before Kendrick would make sense

Would love to see him back.  I thought he was brilliant back in 2010.

Possible West Holts headliner too?

Edited by sisco

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They are expected for all points east. I don’t know why they would be ruled out for glasto though.

Interesting. My immediate thought would be WH headliner but not sure if there's space for them given the other rumours.

10 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

PRIMAVERA THOUGHTS WITH RELATION TO GLASTONBURY. 
- Lana sub back in contention?

- National Other Stage headliner?

- What other UK festivals could the strokes do? Could they play? 

- Iggy Pop finally Glasto bound? 

- god that lineups so good.

10 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Starting to think The Strokes might be there... 

Strokes drummer was on 6 Music before Christmas and was asked about Glastonbury. He said they were hoping to do a non-festival show in the UK. I can't remember the fill thing but I think he mentioned something about wanting to play for just their own fans this time rather than a mixed festival crowd.

1 minute ago, Rocketfrog1820 said:

I'm guessing this must be official and just a typo from the creators of the poster?...... 'Wizard Lizard' rather than 'Lizard Wizard'.

Easy enough done. It's just an L and a W away. Yeah, it's official. Was leaked by Pavement on their Facebook page halfway through the official drawn out announcement

• Upvote 1