Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

42 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

https://www.amylandthesniffers.com/shows

Amyl and the Sniffers have two shows in London on Friday 26 and Saturday 27th June, they played Glasto in 2019, but their stock is rising.  Chances of seeing them at the farm for two successive years?

Not managed to catch them live yet so would be ideal if they're back again this year. Were they in William's Green last year? (apologies in advance for being lazy and not looking it up myself).

18 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Not managed to catch them live yet so would be ideal if they're back again this year. Were they in William's Green last year? (apologies in advance for being lazy and not looking it up myself).

Aye, they were on Williams Green last year, that tent had a cracking line up (Fontaines/Shame/Amyl/Let's Eat Grandma).  Hopefully more of the same this summer!

7 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Aye, they were on Williams Green last year, that tent had a cracking line up (Fontaines/Shame/Amyl/Let's Eat Grandma).  Hopefully more of the same this summer!

Aye I missed out last year but would've likely spent most of my Friday at WG. Fingers crossed for this year 👍

32 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They were really good last year. Not that many in there for them. It was fucking hot in there though. My god.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

They’re obviously playing short sets early doors at those Hella Mega dates, and looking at their schedule they’re not adverse to doing runs of multiple days, so I think they’re far from ruled out.

Yeah, they have a couple of 5 show runs on their u.s. tour, so thats a lot of traveling and it doesnt seem to bother them at all.  And they could play on Thursday if they were inclined.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did that show get any better after the first episode?

I thought it was really good but if you weren't into the first episode I doubt the others are different enough for you to enjoy them. The episode with the Irish rebel songs was the best one but if you're not into that then I wouldn't bother with the rest.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I thought it was really good but if you weren't into the first episode I doubt the others are different enough for you to enjoy them. The episode with the Irish rebel songs was the best one but if you're not into that then I wouldn't bother with the rest.

Thanks. Yeah the whole premise of AP being a successful TV host didn’t sit right with me and the first episode didn’t do anything to change that. The clip above seems pretty funny though so I might look that one up.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Thanks. Yeah the whole premise of AP being a successful TV host didn’t sit right with me and the first episode didn’t do anything to change that. The clip above seems pretty funny though so I might look that one up.

I haven't watched it back since but to be fair, from what I remember he seemed to get more out his depth the more it went on in typical Partridge fashion. 

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Such a weird strategy from Primavera Sound this year. Still no line up and they are not even selling tickets now until the line up it's released.

Way back when that used to be the done thing. 

I remember waiting to find out what the Reading line up was 15 mins before the tickets went on sale then frantically trying to get through on the phone aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I feel old.

48 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Way back when that used to be the done thing. 

I remember waiting to find out what the Reading line up was 15 mins before the tickets went on sale then frantically trying to get through on the phone aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I feel old.

R+L used to be such a slog to get tickets, sort of knew the headliners in 09 but hearing Zane Lowe drop The Prodigy while a massive group of us all try to buy tickets is a very vivid memory, was horrible but dead exciting. You had something to do with all that excitement of getting tickets as well coz you could start listening to this new line up straight away and chat to everyone about it.

Contrast to getting Glastonbury tickets that year where me and my dad randomly decided in December to pick up a couple of tickets coz why not eh. How the tables have turned.