Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Indeed, though as much as I'd love them to play again I'm doubtful as they haven't got any live dates scheduled at all in 2020, nor any new releases in the pipeline.

I would love for my doubts to be proved wrong though

They've been announced for Best Kept Secret in the middle of June so are definitely active in Europe around Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Indeed, though as much as I'd love them to play again I'm doubtful as they haven't got any live dates scheduled at all in 2020, nor any new releases in the pipeline.

I would love for my doubts to be proved wrong though

They're only being discussed because they're confirmed for Best Kept Secret next June. So are active. 

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

They've been announced for Best Kept Secret in the middle of June so are definitely active in Europe around Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

They're only being discussed because they're confirmed for Best Kept Secret next June. So are active. 

in that case, my doubts have been replaced by cautious optimism!

4 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just heard that the Eagles are performing entire Hotel California album at two UK stadium shows next summer. I wonder.....(sorry if this has already been covered)

I reckon it's hugely unlikely. The timing doesn't fit, and they insist on their full fee from what Michael said to me about a decade ago.

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Massive Attack doing their Mezzanine XXI show at glasto in a post brexit/no deal brexit/ non brexit would be one of the most ideal things to do. Need to have somebody like them make their statement on a big platform. Against Taylor Swift thats a good alternative.

Against T Swift would be ideal!

A lot of people seem to think noel is there though, don't they? 

40 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Against T Swift would be ideal!

A lot of people seem to think noel is there though, don't they? 

But based on what this information about Noel? I mean, what we only know it's that Noel is playing on Friday somewhere (in UK). At this point Foals too. Or there is something missing to consider Noel that clear for Sunday headlining Other? 

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

But based on what this information about Noel? I mean, what we only know it's that Noel is playing on Friday somewhere (in UK). At this point Foals too. Or there is something missing to consider Noel that clear for Sunday headlining Other? 

There was info from someone that was told Noel was 'headlining', can't remember who. It's not a done deal by any means but he looks the most likely candidate at the mo 

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

A few outlets have announced Robyn as being at Lovebox but she’s not on the official announcement/poster. Fingers crossed it’s not as an exclusive and that she doesn’t dodge Glastonbury again.

Nonono dont tease me like this. 

15 hours ago, zahidf said:

I was hoping for Robyn.

West holts headliner?

If she headlines this is a nightmare clash. I hope shes anything but a headliner. I think I'd have to skip Taylor swift if Robyn was headlining WH on the Sunday. 

12 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Friday is out.

Saturday is free but Aerosmith look to have the Macca sub slot wrapped up and they won’t put NG up against Macca.

Sunday seems the obvious choice with Other headliner being the most likely place for him.

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

But what if shes against Macca

Then it's distinctly possible I'll be watching Robyn!

Think I've said it on the boards before, but for all the (fully justified) plaudits and love for Macca, and my own love of Beatles tunes courtesy of my parents, I'm just not getting as excited about him rocking up as I feel I should! 

Just now, Quark said:

Think I've said it on the boards before, but for all the (fully justified) plaudits and love for Macca, and my own love of Beatles tunes courtesy of my parents, I'm just not getting as excited about him rocking up as I feel I should! 

For me it's like 

Robyn>Taylor Swift

Robyn>Kendrick

Macca> Everyone

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have you seen Macca before? I know some who seen him the last time he was at the G and loved it but are not wanting to see him again partly because they don't think it can get any better so why taint it - fair logic.

However i've never seen him before and i've always wanted to but just didn't fancy forking out over £130 for the privilege. This is the perfect opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Have you seen Macca before? I know some who seen him the last time he was at the G and loved it but are not wanting to see him again partly because they don't think it can get any better so why taint it - fair logic.

However i've never seen him before and i've always wanted to but just didn't fancy forking out over £130 for the privilege. This is the perfect opportunity. 

Nope, never seen him.  It's got nothing to do with whether I think he'll be any good given age or performance quality or anything like that, it's juts not grabbing me!

The best way I can describe it (hopefully not inappropriately!) is when you see someone on TV that all your friends think is hot, and you know from the component parts you should absolutely find them hot, but your reaction overall is just....meh.

As always, caveating this with the prospect of me being smashed, front and centre, and roaring along to Hey Jude with a large bottle of rum in my hand :lol: