Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely not if the Lana subbing the Pyramid info is true. Could see her taking that slot on another day, though. 

I mean, sometimes acts at Glastonbury do clash that are quite similar. She could be an other sub on the Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean, sometimes acts at Glastonbury do clash that are quite similar. She could be an other sub on the Saturday.

Matt, how confident are you regarding the LDR info? I'd love it to be true but am sceptical as she doesn't seem to have any other European dates announced for next summer.

Is Lana similar to Camilla Cabello though? They’re US-based female solo acts, but surely the comparisons end there. Think that’s a bit of an insult to Lana after what she’s achieved and the incredible music she’s made. I understand the context relates to audience but surely the point stands. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Matt, how confident are you regarding the LDR info? I'd love it to be true but am sceptical as she doesn't seem to have any other European dates announced for next summer.

I don’t want to say I’m mega confident - but it would be strange for this person to come out with that at random. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Camila Cabello isn't gonna be on the Other Stage, come off it. Third from top on the Pyramid.

I don’t think she’s that big here. Also when she played IOW the other year she was fifth down main stage. I think her team know what’s up and would probably see the merit in playing ‘somewhere’ at Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Although I think you are right - shes more likely on the Pyramid than on the Other surely?  Similar to Miley - 3rd down

I think she’s significantly smaller than Miley and Katy Perry. Especially in the UK.

Plus as @FloorFiller says, that pyramid third down slot has Dua Lipa’s name on it.

I had to Google who Camila was when she was mentioned on here the other day, nowhere near the size of Miley and Katy Perry. Though I did see her on primetime Saturday night tv dressed as one of those things your nan used to use to cover the loo roll.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think she’s significantly smaller than Miley and Katy Perry. Especially in the UK.

Plus as @FloorFiller says, that pyramid third down slot has Dua Lipa’s name on it.

Couldn't agree more. I've literally only heard of her because of Glasto rumours. Mentioned it to my group of 18 going to Glastonbury and only 3 had heard of her

Think she’ll be much lower down than anyone that wants to elevate her stature based on having 2 hit singles will admit. She isnt going to sell out those arena dates right away either. Has arena dates in the u.s and hasnt sold anything out and the shows have been on sale for almost a month. Not the best live performer either. Gf saw her open for Taylor Swift and  She had So many backing tracks and auto tune that you couldnt tell she was singing at all. Late afternoon on Other seems like the right place to break up crowds on that stage or anyone thats at Pyramid. 

so how is she going to be above Lana or Dua?