Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

How does cross over work on the same weekend? Surely if a band is playing the Saturday, it makes them less likely? I was hoping for IDLES and Anderson.Paak ?

Looking  at last year's lineups though, Denzel seemed to make it to Glasto despite a Saturday Lollapalooza showing.

BMTH were Sat there and Sun at glasto

Billie Eilish was Fri there and Sun at glasto

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

How does cross over work on the same weekend? Surely if a band is playing the Saturday, it makes them less likely? I was hoping for IDLES and Anderson.Paak ?

Looking  at last year's lineups though, Denzel seemed to make it to Glasto despite a Saturday Lollapalooza showing.

Denzel was the Thursday night though if I remember correctly 

12 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Planes, thats how crossover works. Dont know how a 2 hour plane ride is the end of the world here since youre looking at it being different countries moreso than anything. What  you need to look at is if It would incur them to perform 3 days in a row. If there are 2 days open on either side for whoever is playing saturday for example,  then it would increase the chance of them being able to perform in both places.   You also should take into account that in these situations the artists are not necessarily  travelling with all their equipment either. Bands would likely just carry their guitars and maybe some specific electronics with them and then rent the rest of the backline for the festivals so you arent dependent  on Making sure all your gear has to arrive or you cant perform. I mean, did anyone think otherwise when U2 jumped on a plane in the middle of touring the u.s to do glasto and then fly back to continue the tour? A band like IDLES is easily used to doing this kind of country hopping after all the touring they have done the last year, so they would be easy to have. Its just a matter of it theyre booked or not.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Tyler the Creator headlining Lovebox and Parklife on 13th/14th June.

Although I suppose his reputation for alleged intolerance may not help his chances of being invited to play Glasto.

Can’t say I know much about him to be honest though.

He's not intolerant, he writes as characters a lot. Also almost every rapper says or has said the standard bitches for women eg Kanye, jay z, who both headlined. 

He got banned for language from the UK for Yonkers which was incredible but also jarring and shocking, but he was like 17. But Flower boy was almost an apology, it was a lot softer and he's a lot older now. 

And his latest album Igor is a full character album where in all the promo he IS Igor with the wig and clothes. And the idea that anyone can be Igor, Igor is a feeling. 

He also alludes a lot to being gay and is close friends with Frank Ocean and Syd who are known to be gay. If he was intolerant of women and homosexuality I doubt he would be such close friends with those people. 

Tyler would be an incredible booking for Glastonbury. Not only is his work intricate, beautiful and powerful, he pissed the Tories off so much Theresa may banned him from the UK. If that isn't a 'fuck you' to them, I don't know what is

Edited by I feel like Pablo
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Well It's a 5 hour flight from Bristol and 3 hours from Heathrow. Still doable but depends how much the acts want to play and make money 

6 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

He's not intolerant, he writes as characters a lot. Also almost every rapper says or has said the standard bitches for women eg Kanye, jay z, who both headlined. 

He got banned for language from the UK for Yonkers which was incredible but also jarring and shocking, but he was like 17. But Flower boy was almost an apology, it was a lot softer and he's a lot older now. 

And his latest album Igor is a full character album where in all the promo he IS Igor with the wig and clothes. And the idea that anyone can be Igor, Igor is a feeling. 

He also alludes a lot to being gay and is close friends with Frank Ocean and Syd who are known to be gay. If he was intolerant of women and homosexuality I doubt he would be such close friends with those people. 

Tyler would be an incredible booking for Glastonbury. Not only is his work intricate, beautiful and powerful, he pissed the Tories off so much Theresa may banned him from the UK. If that isn't a 'fuck you' to them, I don't know what is

Cheers for the response, like I said I don’t know much about the guy so I really appreciate the insight.

I should probably go check out some of his output.

Just now, John the Moth said:

Cheers for the response, like I said I don’t know much about the guy so I really appreciate the insight.

I should probably go check out some of his output.

That's ok! When you said you weren't very familiar with him I saw it as my golden opportunity to bang on about how great he is. 

If you don't like the heavier stuff, Flower boy and Igor are a lot more accessible. Igor is being played a lot on the radio at the moment 

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Tyler the Creator headlining Lovebox and Parklife on 13th/14th June.

Although I suppose his reputation for alleged intolerance may not help his chances of being invited to play Glasto.

Can’t say I know much about him to be honest though.

Do we know if he’s an exclusive to lovebox? 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, cheesey_toastie said:

Kaleidoscope Festival have announced Basement Jaxx and The Divine Comedy - same dates as Glastonbury. 

Could there be some share here? Hope so - love the new Divine Comedy LP. 

https://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/kaleidoscope-2020/

Sorry to drag this back up again but the thought just occurred that a Pyramid field full of punters singing "The National Express" before having to get on one home the next day would be great. 

37 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Sorry to drag this back up again but the thought just occurred that a Pyramid field full of punters singing "The National Express" before having to get on one home the next day would be great. 

Bassment Jaxx live? Not seen them on anything for ages.

They'd go down a storm with my group.

29 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

really? he's a pretty niche act. wouldn't have him anywhere near the Pyramid, and wouldn't have said he'd have the casual interest to be Other headliner. plenty bigger acts have played further down the Other, which is where i'd have him, maybe 2nd or 3rd down, or more likely headlining WH/JP.

He seems to demand quite big slots these days, like headlining Parklife and Lovebox, which is why I think he probably just won’t play. Probably not as niche as you think these days though - his albums always seem to chart well, and he must be doing something right to be topping festival bills.