Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

The Libertines headlining ‘Sunday Sessions’ in Norwich on May 24th. Rather confusingly, The Streets headline it two days before but it’s called ‘Friday Night Live’ on that day, yet they’re selling weekend tickets...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/the-libertines-set-to-headline-sunday-sessions-1-6405215

The event will also have a number of family-friendly activities for the whole family to enjoy, from circus workshops with Bigtopmania Circus to face painting and crafts.

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Orbital - Cork, Ireland:

EKxTEZWWkAE0q29?format=jpg&name=large

New album, ‘Orbital 3.0’ coming in 2020:
“In 2020, Orbital will be celebrating their 30th anniversary with the Orbital 3.0 tour to coincide with a new album of the same name, featuring new music and remixes of the classics.”

Glasto 50th, Orbital 30th, new album. Has to be!

Aerosmith still seems like a strange rumour to me. They don’t seem like the kind of band who would settle for not headlining and getting a smaller fee but I suppose they did come with the first Kendrick info. I guess they could just do what they did with Janet Jackson and put their name on the top line of the poster anyway.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Aerosmith still seems like a strange rumour to me. They don’t seem like the kind of band who would settle for not headlining and getting a smaller fee but I suppose they did come with the first Kendrick info. I guess they could just do what they did with Janet Jackson and put their name on the top line of the poster anyway.

Fits with that massive rock act too.  Unbelievable if Glasto have managed to get them to play anywhere other than headlining 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Fits with that massive rock act too.  Unbelievable if Glasto have managed to get them to play anywhere other than headlining 

Didn't Emily say something about being happy the rock slot was becoming a thing, like the Sunday teatime slot? Be good if they were aiming for it to become as big, anyway.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Didn't Emily say something about being happy the rock slot was becoming a thing, like the Sunday teatime slot? Be good if they were aiming for it to become as big, anyway.

Nick said back in April that they had a 'big' act lined up for the 2020 rock slot.

(it'll probably be Judas Priest :P )

Edited by eFestivals

Noel opposite Taylor would be very ideal as I’d not be at all bothered about missing him and I’m sure it’d please the portion of the crowd not happy with the pop headliner. Noel pre-Macca or Taylor less so as then I may have to watch some Noel, although wouldn’t be the worst thing to catch the last few Oasis tunes he does. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Noel opposite Taylor would be very ideal as I’d not be at all bothered about missing him and I’m sure it’d please the portion of the crowd not happy with the pop headliner. Noel pre-Macca or Taylor less so as then I may have to watch some Noel, although wouldn’t be the worst thing to catch the last few Oasis tunes he does. 

I was told by a reliable source a few months back that Noel was headlining so he could be headlining The Other stage

Just now, lazzareo said:

I was told by a reliable source a few months back that Noel was headlining so he could be headlining The Other stage

Yeah seems like it’s gonna be the case. Can’t argue with that at all - both him and Taylor will have huge crowds. Kind of feel sorry for who’s on at the same time on the other stages.

• So, Capaldi is co-headlining IOW?
  • Confidence Man and Noel is the weirdest tour I've seen in a while
  • Surely Noel headlines t'Other against Swift? Seems an obvious call?
  • Aerosmith being the most random rumour ever to seemingly being true has been a real trip