Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who on earth are Mystery Jets? I've probably heard of them in passing but I'm surprised they're bigger than Kaiser Chiefs

I remember they had a song called "You Can't Fool Me Dennis" around the time of the indie boom in 2006. I too am surprised they are bigger than Kaiser Chiefs.

Also, I seem to recall something about them being associated with Eel Pie Island in Twickenham.. one of the utterly useless pieces of information that's got locked in my brain from the good old days of watching MTV2.

Saw Mystery Jets on the JPT in 2016.  They were due to be on tour at the moment but the singer has some health issues so it was put back to next year, hoping to catch them in Brighton.  Bodes well for a reappearance.

Last album was Curve of the Earth, worth a listen for me. Bubblegum was the lead single.

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw Mystery Jets on the JPT in 2016.  They were due to be on tour at the moment but the singer has some health issues so it was put back to next year, hoping to catch them in Brighton.  Bodes well for a reappearance.

Big fan of that album. Personal favourite is Radlands, saw them do it in London a few years ago when they were playing one of their albums in full each night.

The singles they've released this year have been pretty strong too.

Weren't Kaiser Chiefs the ones who did that Ruby song? ?

3 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but surely this means we're gonna get some Isley Brothers action over the weekend? 

Screenshot_20191128-095207_Chrome.jpg

Certainly hope so.  They've got the Wed/Thu/Fri run so it's not like they're avoiding any back to back dates.  Could do either the Saturday or the Sunday without it being too many consecutive dates.

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So where do Pet Shop Boys stand now stage wise? Pyramid or early evening on Other?

Pyramid sub or Other Stage headliner in any normal year.

Maybe a shade lower if the lineup really does end up being noticeably stronger than usual.

42 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So where do Pet Shop Boys stand now stage wise? Pyramid or early evening on Other?

They batted off a question about playing the Sunday teatime slot saying that they only play in the dark (which is just as well as I doubt they’d ever be asked) so it must be Other headline or nothing.

30 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Hope Hinds pop up for the sunny saturday afternoon park slot they didn't give us this year.

WG WG WG WG