Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got to say, In Rock is one of my favourite ever albums and made in Japan a tremendous live album, almost my top live album but AC/DC if you want blood takes that accolade! 

The Flight of the Rat riff on In Rock has been ripped off by lots of acts. It’s an ace album 

Made in Japan is my favourite live album (Alongside Ten Years After Recorded Live...because it’s the first band I saw)

Purple’s Now What?! Is a good latter day album

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if you've been following them since 1973 you couldn't have seen all of their incantations. :P 

It was actually 72, checked the Glasgow gig list! Ok not the very first one!  Meant to say since the classic line up, paice gillan Blackmore lord and Glover.  Though I did buy the earlier albums! 

27 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Was told last night apparently Fontaines DC have an outdoor Dublin show first or second weekend in July. No reason to doubt her 

Fontaines D.C., the post-punk rock band announce huge open air headline show at the Iveagh Gardens, Dublin on 04 July 2020. 

That'll be the one then. 

12 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Surely not...

C432D220-FC8E-45BB-937E-21A7F711443F.jpeg

I still think they will be at IOW... or BST.

Edit: someone on this forum leaked this ages ago - I’m gonna try and find the post but whoever that was knew what they were talking about!

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

20th June. Sub or Other Stage headline? Would be a big get for the festival

Mmm can’t see it. He seems to be a bit of a headline or nothing act at festivals he appears at.

Would he headline IOW or not? I’m starting to think IOW downsizing was just a one year thing due to the lack of strong headliners in the 2019 market.

30 minutes ago, Chef said:

Although not my cup of tea RHCP are undoubtedly a big name act. However I think they would fit in to that bracket of bigger than usual for the Other that Emily mentioned but missing out to other acts for the Pyramid. 

I was thinking this - but would have to be against a big draw to make it manageable 

Red Hot Chili Peppers are not playing the second stage at any festival.

if they were booked, they're 100% Pyramid headliners.

they're more likely for IoW though.

e: although, they're playing in Italy on Saturday 13th June. IoW is 12th-14th, so would they do 2 nights on the bounce with that travel?

if they're working their way from Italy, to Netherlands the following Friday, you'd imagine that they'll be in Northern Europe the next week too.

I'd say they'll be announced for Rock Werchter in Belgium the weekend after Glastonbury too.

e2: also, never played the festival.

Edited by ghostdancer1