Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Was just basing it off Deep Purple doing an arena tour last time they toured here, whereas Judas Priest are a support act on one next year. I reckon they'd be more well known to a Glastonbury crowd anyway.

I guess so. But, despite their arena status, I don't think they'd be terribly well known to a Glasto crowd apart from the one song or that much bigger than acts that have done the slot before.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I guess so. But, despite their arena status, I don't think they'd be terribly well known to a Glasto crowd apart from the one song or that much bigger than acts that have done the slot before.

Yeah that's fair, I suppose Judas Priest not being exclusive at Bloodstock means they're probably still more likely.

Deep purple would give great pleasure to this oldie, been following them since 1973,  seeing everyone of their incarnations! Some of the most memorable gigs of my life were DP gigs in the 70s. One gig had Lynrid Skynrid as a support,   Having said that I can’t see them being booked, I never really associated them with Glastonbury, but I live in hope! 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t think there’s any pattern to it’s announcement.  Btw, My daughter saw U2 In Auckland a few days ago. ! 

They always get a huge crowd in NZ. My Mum was pregnant with me at one of their gigs, so can technically claim I've been to a U2 concert? They're not really my thing.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

They always get a huge crowd in NZ. My Mum was pregnant with me at one of their gigs, so can technically claim I've been to a U2 concert? They're not really my thing.

Why not claim that? Ironically my wife was pregnant with my daughter At a David Bowie gig and she loves his music. A hell of a lot better than U2!

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Does anyone know more Deep Purple tunes than that one everyone learns on guitar in first year of music at high school? 

Absolutely live Deep Purple. Child in Time is one of the best songs ever written and I'll debate anyone who says otherwise.

Machine Head is also a cracking album. Would love to see them

42 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Absolutely live Deep Purple. Child in Time is one of the best songs ever written and I'll debate anyone who says otherwise.

Machine Head is also a cracking album. Would love to see them

Got to say, In Rock is one of my favourite ever albums and made in Japan a tremendous live album, almost my top live album but AC/DC if you want blood takes that accolade! 

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Rock Slot isn't really a thing officially.

Emily Eavis quote from George Ezra podcast:

"We have a metal slot on a Friday.

Which is on the Friday at about 5pm, and that's a new thing that has just started. That is now a really big slot. I quite like this, I'm quite into the expansion of the line-up beyond those three headline slots".

So although it didn't happen last year, it is a thing.

9 hours ago, CraigFR said:

Offspring are also playing at Graspop, honestly can see them returning next year. Perfect size for the friday rock slot

The Offspring were loved within my group of friends through school and college, so i'm hoping so!

Noticed they played in 1995 (25th Anniversary), so would be fitting if they returned for the 50th