Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

49 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

He's pretty much just our version of Courteeners now isn't he? Fair play to him as he seems like a really decent guy but baffled that he's big enough to play Hampden.

Actually I see he's sold out a few arenas in England this month. Is he big enough to headline something like Neighbourhood Weekender or Kendal Calling?

I would think so now. 

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw that Confidence Man and Cut Copy are supporting New Order in Australia and wondered if you’d be making a trip down under.

Can't afford it mate unfortunately. I am planning to go over the following year for the Ashes (Bucket list thing).

Whisper it quietly but I am all New Ordered out at present. Went to Berlin a few weeks ago to watch them and thought this is just getting ridiculous now. I am going the Dam to watch Hot Chip in a few weeks. I have decided that 2020 will be a year without any New Order, Depeche Mode or Hot Chip.

Been listening to lots of newish electro pop and would like to show some of those acts a little love next year. Little Boots will be my guilty pleasure hopefully. Shes only doing one UK gig in London this year and I can't get to it ?

La Roux just dropped her first new material in 5 years, announced a new album and is going on tour in Feb/March. Would love to see her, been a fan since her first single came out and never had a chance to see her. She's playing in London in Feb but it's £40+ per ticket and I just can't bring myself to pony up.

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Gerry Cinnamon playing at Hamden, is he really that big?

He is massive in Scotland, couldn't quite believe it  when my friend from Glasgow was telling me about him. He was great in John Peel last year though, crowd were incredible 

12 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I've never heard one of his songs but his name does seem to pop up everywhere

He was decent at JP this year, it was absolutely sweltering though. Crowd was heaving. 

He's a bit like Sam Fender is in my neck of the woods (thousands turned up to watch Fender turn on Xmas lights last night), locals love him. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

He was decent at JP this year, it was absolutely sweltering though. Crowd was heaving. 

He's a bit like Sam Fender is in my neck of the woods (thousands turned up to watch Fender turn on Xmas lights last night), locals love him. 

I listened to his album last night after seeing his name everywhere and only hearing 1 tune. I wasn't blown away, but I thought it was pretty good actually. Miles better than Gerry the Berry, the courteeners and other modern indie stuff. Not sure what he is like live.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bit Killers, bit Springsteen. I like him.

Plus if you hear any interviews with him I find him very funny. Seems like a lad who's found himself famous and finds the whole thing a bit odd. Swears like a trooper as well.

I quite like his stuff, just can’t get past the Flowers comparison.

The Brandon comparison isn't really an issue for me tbh.  Another of those bands / chaps that gets a bit of a kicking around here, but I've always liked their output. Sure it's probably not the most artistically challenging of back catalogues but, well, fuck it.  I love me a good radio singalong.

I'll balance it out by re-compiling my Radiohead lists later tonight :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

The Brandon comparison isn't really an issue for me tbh.  Another of those bands / chaps that gets a bit of a kicking around here, but I've always liked their output. Sure it's probably not the most artistically challenging of back catalogues but, well, fuck it.  I love me a good radio singalong.

I'll balance it out by re-compiling my Radiohead lists later tonight :D

I like the Killers too (I still maintain theirs was the set of 2019) I just find it distracting that they both sound the same.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I listened to his album last night after seeing his name everywhere and only hearing 1 tune. I wasn't blown away, but I thought it was pretty good actually. Miles better than Gerry the Berry, the courteeners and other modern indie stuff. Not sure what he is like live.

Fender is decent live, i'm seeing him again in December to get a better opinion as this will be his own gig. 

Sold out Newcastle Arena in something like 15 mins. He's well liked up here. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Bit Killers, bit Springsteen. I like him.

Plus if you hear any interviews with him I find him very funny. Seems like a lad who's found himself famous and finds the whole thing a bit odd. Swears like a trooper as well.

His Shields accent when he's talking normally is very evident and far from Flowers' Vegas accent :lol:

Loves a good swear, he used to work in one of my local bars called 'Low Lights' sure he namechecks them in a song somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Fender is decent live, i'm seeing him again in December to get a better opinion as this will be his own gig. 

Sold out Newcastle Arena in something like 15 mins. He's well liked up here. 

If he is playing the farm in 2020, I will probably check him out. 3rd down on the other I suspect.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If he is playing the farm in 2020, I will probably check him out. 3rd down on the other I suspect.

Fully expect him to be there after his problems getting there this year. He will probably make an appearance at Leftfield too so he can repay Billy Bragg for this year. 

33 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

His Shields accent when he's talking normally is very evident and far from Flowers' Vegas accent :lol:

Loves a good swear, he used to work in one of my local bars called 'Low Lights' sure he namechecks them in a song somewhere. 

He did the cash for questions section in Q a month or so back, and heard him on a podcast interview with (I think) Fearne Cotton.  His love of his Gregg's loyalty card and rinsing as many stores with it as possible was a particular highlight :D