Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

On 9/11/2019 at 2:30 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Highly unlikely for sure....I think we just like to put out there every conceivable act because it's fun to speculate and occasionally we're even right, and it follows a set pattern:

1. So and so is touring around Glastonbury

2. Some say wouldn't that be great...

3. Others say that would be awful

4. Debate on where/when they would play

5. Persistent rumours and they're 'R' on efests

6. Ends up being The Killers/Coldplay/Radiohead/Chemical Bros anyway

7. Restart rumour for following year...

(I've deliberately not gone to 9.)

I wish they would stop farting around with solo albums and invalidate my T-shirt.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 10/11/2019 at 9:54 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

I wish folk would stop raising my hopes about the Kinks. Would love to see them 

Latest news is that they're trying to make a new record and then will see about touring.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ray-davies-arthur-reissue-interview-892969/

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Latest news is that they're trying to make a new record and then will see about touring.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ray-davies-arthur-reissue-interview-892969/

Be still my beating heart! Would love to see them back.  It would be great for the festival 50th anniversary to get them after they pulled out  the first one !

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Would they do Glastonbury again though? You'd love to see it, but they'd be asking for quite a high up slot and the festival may not see the point in giving them prime real estate again when it wouldn't be much different from 2014. Hopefully though.

2 new albums out since then, the latest being very well received. 

Hope they turn up somewhere on the lineup, headlining JP?

1 hour ago, rubick said:

Alright gherks!

You in for 2020? 

We'd no luck this time. But we aren't bate yit of course. 

Alright rubes? Aye in again for 2020. Give me a shout if you want another set of devoces to try for ya in the resale. 2 other mates didnt get this time either so will be trying again then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Alright rubes? Aye in again for 2020. Give me a shout if you want another set of devoces to try for ya in the resale. 2 other mates didnt get this time either so will be trying again then

Ye boy ye, nice one! First strike out since '14, horrible feeling, like that dream where they fly through the window but it's Worf from the Star Treks telling you off about lack of discipline and martial skill with a blade. 

20 minutes ago, rubick said:

Ye boy ye, nice one! First strike out since '14, horrible feeling, like that dream where they fly through the window but it's Worf from the Star Treks telling you off about lack of discipline and martial skill with a blade. 

Hahaha aye its a bad auld feeling alright. I was in 2 minds of whether to even bother trying this year as we are expecting in March so thought it might just be too much hassle. The fact that its the 50th swayed it so talk of taylor swift, coldplay and 1975 is yanking my chain badly to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Wilco are headlining Black Deer festival the week before Glastonbury. I don’t think their festival in America is on next year so hopefully they stick around. 

Just looking at that and preparing myself for the annual disappointment. 

I reckon Twenty One Pilots are quite likely now that they've been announced for Mad Cool & are in Netherlands the weekend before , they are in a weird place popularity-wise for the lineup but they've said before that they really want to play & I can't imagine they'd turn down a lower slot for the 50th

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't they headline the Other every couple of years? Certainly feels that way.

They were 3rd down Pyramid in 2015 then headlined Other in 2017 in front of a paltry crowd against Foos. Would be an uninspiring booking in my opinion for them to take such a high slot again, even if they have another album out by then. It's alright for Courteeners to play near enough every/every other year as they're typical Other landfill but how many bands play prominent slots every other year? Coldplay aside of course.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Wilco are headlining Black Deer festival the week before Glastonbury. I don’t think their festival in America is on next year so hopefully they stick around. 

Probably a good shout of The Waterboys reappearing somewhere too as they're also there, they've been one of the house bands down the years. IIRC in 2007 they headlined two of the tents (Avalon & Acoustic?) before opening the Sunday on the Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Probably a good shout of The Waterboys reappearing somewhere too as they're also there, they've been one of the house bands down the years. IIRC in 2007 they headlined two of the tents (Avalon & Acoustic?) before opening the Sunday on the Pyramid. 

Let's hope so. Such a great live band! 

Judas priest have announced germany dates with a gap between 25 and 29th June. Not a bloodstock exclusive and neil mentioned he saw them suggested for the rock slot (although followed up with can't see it happening at all). Both sharing 50th birthdays

Would absolutely love to see it happen!

Was probably foolish to get my hopes up what with Emily's comment on this years rock act being bigger than usual as Priest have always seemed like a pretty likely contender, and it could be argued that they're a bigger deal than what we've had previously, if only just. They've been vocal about wanting to do it in the past as well when Metallica headlined so it would make sense for it to be them, especially with the 50th anniversary things lining up nicely.