Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

Yeah he was a couple of people away from me using the urinals at the bottom of Pennards late Wednesday night this year, my group then ended up walking along the old railway line just behind him and his very large security-style companion.

The Glasto gap doesn't mean jack either way as to whether or not he's booked.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Snrub said:

Manics active in Europe just before Glasto.

AB98C758-73B8-45F0-B8A4-AA6A4E5D1165.jpeg

My god, I would not have penned the Manics for supporting Green Day. In my mind this nails them on for Glasto. 2014 must have been the last time they played.

I've seen them about 14 times, but after a few years of sub-standard albums and shiny, uninspiring gigs I've not bothered for a while. Would definitely catch them at Glasto though. Headlining JP? Perhaps I'm biased...

12 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

My god, I would not have penned the Manics for supporting Green Day. In my mind this nails them on for Glasto. 2014 must have been the last time they played.

I've seen them about 14 times, but after a few years of sub-standard albums and shiny, uninspiring gigs I've not bothered for a while. Would definitely catch them at Glasto though. Headlining JP? Perhaps I'm biased...

They played 3rd down Other last time, could possibly see a JP or Park headline slot? But honestly 3rd/4th down Other still sounds about right to me.

20 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

I saw them this year and they were great, even though playing TIMTTMY in full meant the first half was relatively sedate. I just think as a band they are still out there performing with dignity and integrity and we should treasure them. Would actually like a JP headliner - smaller but more enthusiastic crowd. I've never seen a JP headliner ether...

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I saw them this year and they were great, even though playing TIMTTMY in full meant the first half was relatively sedate. I just think as a band they are still out there performing with dignity and integrity and we should treasure them. Would actually like a JP headliner - smaller but more enthusiastic crowd. I've never seen a JP headliner ether...

I'd be all over them on JP. Saw them at BDs last year and thought they were brilliant.

10 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I realise I came across far more negative than I intended. I still think they're one of the greatest bands to ever exist and they should absolutely be treasured. Just become a bit indifferent towards them the last three years or so.

Having also never seen a JP headline slot, this would suit me just fine!

28 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I used to like the Manics but they’re come across as bell ends, I read once James Dean Bradfield said that Jim Morrison was the most overrated musician of all time and The Doors were crap. Also that Nicky fella the bass player has lot to say as well ?

They've somewhat mellowed out since the old days of Nicky saying into the mic "they should build a bypass over this shithole" while performing their first ever Glasto...

Edited by fat_man_joe
clarification

28 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I used to like the Manics but they’re come across as bell ends, I read once James Dean Bradfield said that Jim Morrison was the most overrated musician of all time and The Doors were crap. Also that Nicky fella the bass player has lot to say as well ?

He has a point.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

He has a point.

Yeah, what he said...

It is fair to say that Wire has a gob on him and has said some indefensible things in the past, but in the context of who the band are, most of this was obviously just trolling journalists looking for an outrageous pull-quote.