Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, dirtymookie said:

The Commodores just announced a tour. West Holts?

Get Lionel back at glasto! Commodores into Di Ro. Lionel guest for Endless Love?!

On a completely unrelated note Avril Lavigne has just finished a stint over in the states and has a new album she might want to promote over here. Saying that I cannot for the life of me think where she would actually fit on the bill

35 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Get Lionel back at glasto! Commodores into Di Ro. Lionel guest for Endless Love?!

On a completely unrelated note Avril Lavigne has just finished a stint over in the states and has a new album she might want to promote over here. Saying that I cannot for the life of me think where she would actually fit on the bill

Mid Other? Although I think that would be pushing it even. Gone are the days of 'Sk8ter Boi'. Incidentally how bad is it that I remember that's how it was spelt!?

Didn't she have a resurgence a few years ago? Still couldn't see her any higher though, if at all. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He will be there. He’s massive now.

Looks a lock for third Pyramid I’d say. Maybe on the Sunday similar to the Dolly/Ed combo a few years back.

If Taylor plays sunday:

TS / Lew Cap / Haim / Di Ros

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

TS / Kinks / LC / D.Ross / Haim

Kinks? what the eff - where has that came from?

You're probably right for Haim that side of Di Ros I jumped the gun. If GE can sub this year, so would LC

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it’s not really the thread for it but no, Haim being that low would be quite odd. When it comes to sales they’re about as big as Vampire Weekend.

Eh, I'd say they arent as big as Bastille though who played 4th down. Wouldnt be suprised at 4th/5th for them

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I know it’s not really the thread for it but no, Haim being that low would be quite odd. When it comes to sales they’re about as big as Vampire Weekend.

I think they’re just quite happy to play. Both times they’ve played I felt they were one or two places lower than I expected, so I could definitely see them being up for playing to a huge crowd before Diana Ross. 

11 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Mid Other? Although I think that would be pushing it even. Gone are the days of 'Sk8ter Boi'. Incidentally how bad is it that I remember that's how it was spelt!?

Didn't she have a resurgence a few years ago? Still couldn't see her any higher though, if at all. 

it was highly impactful 

Image result for avril lavigne sk8er boi quote

45 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they’re just quite happy to play. Both times they’ve played I felt they were one or two places lower than I expected, so I could definitely see them being up for playing to a huge crowd before Diana Ross. 

Yeah last time they lowballed themselves a little bit but it seemed like it was a brief trip to Europe to preview songs. Worked reasonably well for them, they got a pretty big crowd against Chic and The Killers. Still, I just don't see them coming back to the Pyramid three albums later to play one hour later. They've established themselves and shift mad tickets nowadays; really they should have a claim to be subbing major fests but obviously Glastonbury comes with certain concessions.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah last time they lowballed themselves a little bit but it seemed like it was a brief trip to Europe to preview songs. Worked reasonably well for them, they got a pretty big crowd against Chic and The Killers. Still, I just don't see them coming back to the Pyramid three albums later to play one hour later. They've established themselves and shift mad tickets nowadays; really they should have a claim to be subbing major fests but obviously Glastonbury comes with certain concessions.

I think the second album was already out when they played in 2017? As you say it just seemed to be a quick tour based around Glastonbury which is why I think they’d be quite happy to play slightly lower down than they would elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think the second album was already out when they played in 2017? As you say it just seemed to be a quick tour based around Glastonbury which is why I think they’d be quite happy to play slightly lower down than they would elsewhere. 

It was not. I would anticipate the third album would be out by June so I don't think they'll be as willing to compromise just to get a slot.