Green Man 2020

1 hour ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Not spamming at all. I’m an infrequent poster but really appreciate your updates!

Oh good haha - thanks! 

46 minutes ago, JHad said:

Iggy playing alongside Kraftwerk (only UK gig, so ruled out) at APE. Do we think he might be a serious possibility?

Definitely a possibility I would have thought! He's around at the right time at least. 

Was just looking to see if there were any tour updates...

Pixies: Now playing two shows in Amsterdam on 24 and 25 August (i.e. the Monday and Tuesday after GM weekend).  Suggests they may be playing Lowlands on the Sunday (23 August) and then possibly either Friday/Saturday at GM depending on the day they play at Paredes. I'm presuming the fact they're paying at Rock Werchter means they're ruled out of Pukkelpop (which is also the same weekend as GM). 

Caribou: He's now got 3 European Dates the week/weekend before GM (Vilnius, Berlin, Kiev).

Michael Kiwanuka: Playing Oya and Way Out West festivals the weekend before GM. 

Bikini Kill: Same as above. 

Tallest Man on Earth: playing Way out West. 

Can't see any others with any relevant tour dates yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see all of the above at GM this year with the top three being headliners. Iggy Pop obviously in the frame as well. 

16 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Was just looking to see if there were any tour updates...

Pixies: Now playing two shows in Amsterdam on 24 and 25 August (i.e. the Monday and Tuesday after GM weekend).  Suggests they may be playing Lowlands on the Sunday (23 August) and then possibly either Friday/Saturday at GM depending on the day they play at Paredes. I'm presuming the fact they're paying at Rock Werchter means they're ruled out of Pukkelpop (which is also the same weekend as GM). 

Caribou: He's now got 3 European Dates the week/weekend before GM (Vilnius, Berlin, Kiev).

Michael Kiwanuka: Playing Oya and Way Out West festivals the weekend before GM. 

Bikini Kill: Same as above. 

Tallest Man on Earth: playing Way out West. 

Can't see any others with any relevant tour dates yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see all of the above at GM this year with the top three being headliners. Iggy Pop obviously in the frame as well. 

I would think Amsterdam is instead of Lowlands for Pixies so keeps things a bit clearer that weekend.

Kiwanuka being at Latitude will surely rule him out.

You're forgetting a certain Mr. DeMarco though, who is also at PdC.

I personally don't feel like Iggy Pop is likely to appear. I don't think he fits well with GM, and he's always around so it'd be a little surprising for him to do it now and not years ago.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would think Amsterdam is instead of Lowlands for Pixies so keeps things a bit clearer that weekend.

Kiwanuka being at Latitude will surely rule him out.

You're forgetting a certain Mr. DeMarco though, who is also at PdC.

I personally don't feel like Iggy Pop is likely to appear. I don't think he fits well with GM, and he's always around so it'd be a little surprising for him to do it now and not years ago.

Pixies - yeah that might be the case. Was thinking how Eels had lined up a load of UK dates after GM this year. 

Kiwanuka - lol managed to miss that. Would have thought he'd be a shoe in for GM this year but perhaps not. Not sure if there's every much crossover between high billed acts at Latitude and GM. A quick looks seems to indicate no. 

Mac - yeah i just didn't mention him as I didn't want to jinx it...

Iggy: do you think? I think he'd fit in. New album out this year and lots of 6 music coverage seems like this could be a good year for it. 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Suede , FKA Twigs, and Michael Kiwanuka playing a festival in Norway the week before. Reckon they could be possible? Tbh I'd be well pleased if they were the three headliners.

I'm really not sure about speculating British acts as headliners just because they're playing a European festival around the same time. GM could have their pick of any domestic act that isn't in America at the time.

6 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'm really not sure about speculating British acts as headliners just because they're playing a European festival around the same time. GM could have their pick of any domestic act that isn't in America at the time.

True, but it shows that those three are active and doing festivals in that period. Plus they'd all be quite suitable; Mike and Twigs have just brought out really good albums, and Suede can be the "classic" headliner. Also good representation there; not just a bunch of white dudes

On 12/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, SweepingTheNation said:

They do love Michael Kiwanuka though - it’s absolutely the perfect time to headliner him

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Floating Points is at Paredes as well now.

Feel like he’s nailed on for that Friday night Far Out slot like Maribou State and Mount Kimbie. He’s played GM a lot recently but with his new album out this year it might be a solid booking. 

Hmmm I thought he was really boring in 2018. And he played both a live and DJ set to make up for John Talbot's late cancellation. Would be very uninspired in my opinion. 

On 12/18/2019 at 2:18 PM, kingcrawler said:

They’ve just been announced for Paredes de Coura as well. I don’t think they’d headline here but they’d be quite a strong sub.

Thought they might end up in the tent tbh. Really had to place them when they haven't played here in a while and haven't started trailing new music yet. 

I see badbadnotgood are there too that would be a goodgoodnotbad booking. 

• Upvote 1

Only a month now until the lineup comes out! 

On that note, I've drawn up a highly speculative and probably hugely inaccurate prediction for GM 2020.  It's based on a mixture of acts that are: around at the time of Green Man; have been recently followed by GM on twitter; released new music this year; and acts that I just hope are playing.  It doesn't include after dark acts. 

Would you be happy with this? Where have I gone wrong?

GM.PNG

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 2