Jump to content

Green Man 2020


Recommended Posts

London Green Man fest goers may be interested in the Lounge Society's gig at The Windmill in Brixton on September 3. Hopefully it can go ahead...

Tickets on Dice.

Check out the band's debut single if you haven't heard it yet! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Green Man Festival 2020 Playlist. This is still a work in progress. The idea is I include my three favourite songs of each act.  It's ordered in terms of my personal preference but I've also

Looks awful. That pub by the bridge - The Bridge End I think - was badly flooded not that long ago as well.  Important for GM attendees to visit the town during the festival and spend a bit of mo

Please god no not Mac demarco 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Primavera 2020 cancelled, that was the week after this :(

I mean, there’s no way this is going ahead, is there? Any mass gatherings like this going on in 2020 would be a colossal fuck up on both the government and event organisers parts. A sad truth, but one that needs to happen to ensure that they have a chance of happening next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm very doubtful now. Even if the government did allow it to happen, I think many people - artists, crew, punters etc- would still be feeling apprehensive about returning to large gatherings so soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Primavera 2020 cancelled, that was the week after this :(

Reading & Leeds now gone. I assume huge festivals would announce postponement earlier because of licencing, commercial tie-ins, build times etc, but I wonder what the exact timing of such announcements depends on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Refunds do not include booking fees. Time restrictions apply and you must apply by 13th July 2020. Any applications after this date will not be accepted.

Please note, if you select to refund your tickets, this may take up to 90 days to process."

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Hopefully the vast majority of folk will keep their tickets for 2021 👍

Aye, I reckon they will. Seeks like Green Man has quite a loyal customer base. It seems like Glastonbury, in that a lot of people will go regardless of lineup. Hope there are some refunds though because I've got friends that want to go and couldn't get a ticket...

Link to post
Share on other sites

More than 85% of people kept their ticket for Roskilde. Should be similar for Green Man.

On the other hand, there's no way their budget can be the same for next year after losses incurred. But maybe bands will take lower fees?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

More than 85% of people kept their ticket for Roskilde. Should be similar for Green Man.

On the other hand, there's no way their budget can be the same for next year after losses incurred. But maybe bands will take lower fees?

I guess there's no certainty but I imagine pretty much every band in the land will be looking to tour next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rug568 said:

I guess there's no certainty but I imagine pretty much every band in the land will be looking to tour next year. 

Yeah, definitely.

Too much supply + same level of demand (possibly lower with some festivals folding) = lower fees paid to bands?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, definitely.

Too much supply + same level of demand (possibly lower with some festivals folding) = lower fees paid to bands?

But also there's factors that might make it less likely that so many GM-level US acts would come over for festival season, whether it be increased travel costs, potentially increased accommodation costs, ease of travelling from practically anywhere should the EU transition period still close at the end of the year...  and remember that if they have to sell whatever tickets do get returned at the same price as this year they're automatically going to have less money to spend anyway as the build and hire costs are going to be higher.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

But also there's factors that might make it less likely that so many GM-level US acts would come over for festival season, whether it be increased travel costs, potentially increased accommodation costs, ease of travelling from practically anywhere should the EU transition period still close at the end of the year...

Yes, for sure. I'm expecting them to focus much more on UK talent sadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite knowing this was almost certain to happen, I'm struggling to come to terms with seeing it in writing. Hopefully see you all in the mountains in 2021 🤞

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Carried mine forward. I only had one instalment left to pay so it wasn’t worth taking a payment holiday.

Already looking forward to next year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but does anyone know if you can roll over one ticket and cancel another if they're on the same booking? 

Can’t say that I know but I would think they’d try and accomplish that for you. These festivals want as many tickets held on to as possible, and your alternative would more likely be cancelling both than keeping so yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can’t say that I know but I would think they’d try and accomplish that for you. These festivals want as many tickets held on to as possible, and your alternative would more likely be cancelling both than keeping so yeah.

I imagine it'd therefore be better to hold onto both tickets now (ie helping ensure there is a Green Man 2021) and then try and sell one on nearer the date given it'll probably sell out soon enough if/when confirmed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I imagine it'd therefore be better to hold onto both tickets now (ie helping ensure there is a Green Man 2021) and then try and sell one on nearer the date given it'll probably sell out soon enough if/when confirmed.

Sure, but asking someone to hold off getting rid of their ticket until January so it helps the festival isn’t really reasonable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...