Green Man 2020

On 8/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

Do we know if Caribou’s European tour dates in August have been re-scheduled for the same time next year? He’s the only headliner I’m really hoping comes back for 2021. 

Yeah at least one has, the OFF Festival in Poland. I'm sure it'll be the same headliners again.

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Tempted to start a Clashfinder for these regardless.

Will they be showing the football?

Nuha Ruby Ra wins Rising! Well done to her!

I was lucky enough to catch her super early at the Village Underground (in a stellar line up alongside Meatraffle, Squid and Warmduscher) early in the year and she was hugely engaging impressive. Still a bit of a surprise to me though as I assumed The Lounge Society were hot favourites. 

What do people think so happen with there being two Rising winners in 2021? Obviously both can't open Mountain! 

9 hours ago, JHad said:

Nuha Ruby Ra wins Rising! Well done to her!

I was lucky enough to catch her super early at the Village Underground (in a stellar line up alongside Meatraffle, Squid and Warmduscher) early in the year and she was hugely engaging impressive. Still a bit of a surprise to me though as I assumed The Lounge Society were hot favourites. 

What do people think so happen with there being two Rising winners in 2021? Obviously both can't open Mountain! 

For those who are in London, Nuha Ruby Ra is playing at the Windmill on 8th September - one of their social-distanced indoor trial gigs alongside The Rebel: https://www.windmillbrixton.co.uk/events/2020-09-08-the-rebel-residency-2020-night-number-2-the-windmill

10 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Bon Iver just announced August 2021 European dates with a gap on 20th and 21st...

Interesting!

We had a similar discussion at the beginning of the thread for this year as he had similar dates. We came to the conclusion that (1) we did not want him (lol) and (2) probably too big/expensive for Green Man in any case. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m camping in the Breacon Beacons next week and am planning a visit to the GM site, Crickhowell and a walk up the mountains behind the main stage while I’m there.

Does anyone happen to know whether you can visit the site? Is the Glanusk estate open to the public? If anyone knows the area well, please do let me know your favourite walks/restaurants/pubs etc. Thanks!

Not sure on that, Will, but enjoy!

Seeing this thread light up reminded me that I forgot to post a review of Nuha Ruby Ra, this year's Rising winner. I caught her for the second time at the Windmill in Brixton a couple of weeks ago. Some of the energy of her live show was definitely lost given her usual propensity for performing amongst the crowd for long spells. I think I probably enjoyed her set on this occasion slightly less, on that basis, but she seemed to have added more depth in the intervening 9 months. Her potential shone through and she surprised me with one song which could easily draw comparisons to Jehnny Beth in haunting ethereal delivery. Another had a beat (from a machine and 1 guitarist) which could at times be mistaken for a pysch-punk collective of the ilk of King Gizzard or Goat. Definitely interested to see how she develops in the years between now and her Mountain Stage opening slot!

On 9/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m camping in the Breacon Beacons next week and am planning a visit to the GM site, Crickhowell and a walk up the mountains behind the main stage while I’m there.

Does anyone happen to know whether you can visit the site? Is the Glanusk estate open to the public? If anyone knows the area well, please do let me know your favourite walks/restaurants/pubs etc. Thanks!

there is a route they allow, but apparently it's closed just now https://www.glanuskestate.com/permissive-path-closure-3/

On 9/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, JHad said:

Not sure on that, Will, but enjoy!

Seeing this thread light up reminded me that I forgot to post a review of Nuha Ruby Ra, this year's Rising winner.

Thanks for that - reminds me to check her out!

13 hours ago, Chawk said:

there is a route they allow, but apparently it's closed just now https://www.glanuskestate.com/permissive-path-closure-3/

Thank you! That’s a shame. Will try and get a good vantage point from somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...