Green Man 2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone heard of any of them? Any recommendations? 

The Lounge Society have released one song so far and it’s really really good. Think people that are into Squid would love it. Haven’t heard of any of the others. 

Team Picture are good. They probably all are.

17 minutes ago, benali said:

The only ones I know on that list are Ditz, Team Picture, Lounge Society, Courting, Nuha Ruby Ra.

All good, all very different to each other. 

Am I wrong to presume all of these were going to play Rising Stage this year?

That's how it works isn't it? The winner plays the Mountain Stage and the losers play the Rising Stage alongside some non-entrants.

3 hours ago, benali said:

Getting a 2021 shout in early. This EP by Skullcrusher is gorgeous and would be a perfect mid afternoon Walled Garden set. 

http://imskullcrusher.bandcamp.com/album/skullcrusher

Really enjoyed this, thanks! Would certainly be great in the slot you suggest. Has a very similar vibe to Phoebe Bridgers and Julien Baker. 

https://www.greenman.net/news/green-man-field-of-streams/

Father John Misty, Eels, Stella Donnelly and Adwaith sets, special Pictish Trail live show, various special stage and theatre productions, a preview screening of a new documentary on Rock Against Racism, Green Man Rising final, digital arts, Green Man Radio takeover and a virtual Green Man burning.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, JHad said:

This year having been my first GM, so I'm not too sure how many of these are realistic or if they've already played too recently. I'm aware I've under-represented some genres and lack a female headliner, but this is based upon my current personal long-list (of which I'd be happy with just a few)!

Headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds; Kraftwerk; Sufjan Stevens; Jon Hopkins/Daphni/Bonobo

Mountain: Bill Callahan; Courtney Barnett; PJ Harvey; Midlake; Toro y Moi; Cate Le Bon; Kurt Vile and The Violators; Roisin Murphy; Unknown Mortal Orchestra; Melody's Echo Chamber; Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever; Ozomatli & Chali 2na; Soak; Television; Patti Smith; Stephen Malkmus; Jarvis Cocker; Richard Hawley; Billy Bragg; Savages.

Far Out: Oh Sees; The Joy Formidable; Goat; British Sea Power; Spiritualized; Iceage; Black Midi; Warmduscher; William Doyle; Kedr Livanksiy; AK/DK; Lavinia Blackwall; Nicholas Allbrook; Gnoomes; Working Men's Club; Hinds; The Lovely Eggs; Duds; Snapped Ankles; Pozi; Wooden Shjips; Hookworms; Crumb; James Holden; Max Richter; Nils Frahm; Mr Ben and The Bens; The Antlers.

Walled Garden: Damien Jurado; Arab Strap; The Imagined Village; This is The Kit; Rozi Plain; Peaness; India Electric Co; Half Man Half Biscuit; Matt Berry; Foxygen; Half Moon Run.

This will probably completely change come the new year. I hadn't heard of most of the bands I enjoyed this year at the equivalent point!

PJ HARVEY oh yesssssssssss

Among the many great things for me about Green Man are the superb bands they have found that I've never heard of that have blown me away.  A classic example would be the Oh Sees who I came across there a couple of years ago.  A must have.