Green Man 2020

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Primavera 2020 cancelled, that was the week after this :(

I mean, there’s no way this is going ahead, is there? Any mass gatherings like this going on in 2020 would be a colossal fuck up on both the government and event organisers parts. A sad truth, but one that needs to happen to ensure that they have a chance of happening next year. 

37 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Hopefully the vast majority of folk will keep their tickets for 2021 👍

Aye, I reckon they will. Seeks like Green Man has quite a loyal customer base. It seems like Glastonbury, in that a lot of people will go regardless of lineup. Hope there are some refunds though because I've got friends that want to go and couldn't get a ticket...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

More than 85% of people kept their ticket for Roskilde. Should be similar for Green Man.

On the other hand, there's no way their budget can be the same for next year after losses incurred. But maybe bands will take lower fees?

I guess there's no certainty but I imagine pretty much every band in the land will be looking to tour next year. 

2 minutes ago, rug568 said:

I guess there's no certainty but I imagine pretty much every band in the land will be looking to tour next year. 

Yeah, definitely.

Too much supply + same level of demand (possibly lower with some festivals folding) = lower fees paid to bands?

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, definitely.

Too much supply + same level of demand (possibly lower with some festivals folding) = lower fees paid to bands?

But also there's factors that might make it less likely that so many GM-level US acts would come over for festival season, whether it be increased travel costs, potentially increased accommodation costs, ease of travelling from practically anywhere should the EU transition period still close at the end of the year...  and remember that if they have to sell whatever tickets do get returned at the same price as this year they're automatically going to have less money to spend anyway as the build and hire costs are going to be higher.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

But also there's factors that might make it less likely that so many GM-level US acts would come over for festival season, whether it be increased travel costs, potentially increased accommodation costs, ease of travelling from practically anywhere should the EU transition period still close at the end of the year...

Yes, for sure. I'm expecting them to focus much more on UK talent sadly.

6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but does anyone know if you can roll over one ticket and cancel another if they're on the same booking? 

Can’t say that I know but I would think they’d try and accomplish that for you. These festivals want as many tickets held on to as possible, and your alternative would more likely be cancelling both than keeping so yeah.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can’t say that I know but I would think they’d try and accomplish that for you. These festivals want as many tickets held on to as possible, and your alternative would more likely be cancelling both than keeping so yeah.

I imagine it'd therefore be better to hold onto both tickets now (ie helping ensure there is a Green Man 2021) and then try and sell one on nearer the date given it'll probably sell out soon enough if/when confirmed.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I imagine it'd therefore be better to hold onto both tickets now (ie helping ensure there is a Green Man 2021) and then try and sell one on nearer the date given it'll probably sell out soon enough if/when confirmed.

Sure, but asking someone to hold off getting rid of their ticket until January so it helps the festival isn’t really reasonable.