Green Man 2020

Favourite song by an artist that has played Green Man:  Skeleton Painting - Avi Buffalo (because I have been playing it constantly since January)

Favourite song from an artist on this year’s line up that you think people might not have heard: Ghost Printer - John

A song you like from a band that would be great on the rising stage: Less Jools More Top of the Pops - Slime City

Best song you’ve heard at GM: Last year was my first year so pick anything from Eels' set, honourable mentions to GnT - Pigsx7 and Bonfire - The Big Moon

Song you are/were most looking forward to hearing: Lose the Baby - Tropical Fuck Storm

Edited by Cottsy

On 4/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, Cottsy said:

Favourite song by an artist that has played Green Man:  Skeleton Painting - Avi Buffalo (because I have been playing it constantly since January)

Favourite song from an artist on this year’s line up that you think people might not have heard: Ghost Printer - John

A song you like from a band that would be great on the rising stage: Less Jools More Top of the Pops - Slime City

Best song you’ve heard at GM: Last year was my first year so pick anything from Eels' set, honourable mentions to GnT - Pigsx7 and Bonfire - The Big Moon

Song you are/were most looking forward to hearing: Lose the Baby - Tropical Fuck Storm

Hadn’t listened to that Avi Buffalo song - great stuff!!

How about any 2020 recommendations? 

My 10 favourite songs so far have been:

1. Cosmonauts - Fiona Apple 

2. Perform for you - Brooke Bentham 

3. Deep blue - Caroline 

4. O Ruthless Great Divine Director - Lingua Ignota 

5. Sludge - Squid 

6. Ravi - Caribou 

7. Good Scare - TORRES 

8. Insect Near Piha Beach - Four Tet

9. The Roving - Bonny Light Horeseman 

10. Cool - Dua Lipa 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chawk said:

Wonder if GM gets cancelled they might have a smaller in door event in the autumn, maybe to raise money for the GM trust 

Quite possibly. Although aren't indoor events more problematic than outdoor ones? 

I know that that doesn't account for so many other aspects of the festival and therefore it still seems very unlikely to go ahead as planned. That being said I'd gone from being completely certain of a write-off for the past few weeks to maybe 2% of hope now. I'm clinging to that, however unfounded it may be!

2 hours ago, rug568 said:

Green man Instagram advertised a charity auction for two tickets. 

I doubt they would do this if they weren't at least planning on the festival going ahead. 

I'm not clutching at straws, you are 

I dont suppose you can put a link up, could you? please?

(Im not on any (anti)social networks....)

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

There’s 0.00% chance. For this, it makes sense to be realistic.

you're probably right that it won't go ahead, although there might be a better idea after Spaffer tells us what the plan is on Sunday.

If I was running a festival that hadn't cancelled yet I'd be waiting to hear that before making a decision.

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're probably right that it won't go ahead, although there might be a better idea after Spaffer tells us what the plan is on Sunday.

If I was running a festival that hadn't cancelled yet I'd be waiting to hear that before making a decision.

Totally agree, though the plan on Sunday won't have fixed dates for removing of restrictions, rather milestone based-changed which leaves us none the wiser.

Portugal festivals in September have been cancelled. UK given its much worse position has no chance for August. 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Portugal festivals in September have been cancelled. UK given its much worse position has no chance for August. 

Leicestershire-based country festival The Long Run, due for 11-13th September, was postponed yesterday.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

All scientific expert opinion is that social distancing will likely have to continue into next year and for that reason, as well as international travel restrictions, demands on medical staff etc., mass crowds can't happen. The situation isn't going to suddenly right itself in the next three months.

1 hour ago, benali said:

The festivals we were going to have all given the option of a refund or keeping tickets until next year. Can't see why GM would be any different.

GM have the advantage of knowing that their attendees are much more loyal than most festivals and won't have to issue many refunds so can much more likely offer the policy.

Maybe there's an insurance issue.  If it can't go ahead on government orders it could be that they will be able to claim on their insurance.  So perhaps they have to wait for a govt ban.

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Maybe there's an insurance issue.  If it can't go ahead on government orders it could be that they will be able to claim on their insurance.  So perhaps they have to wait for a govt ban.

There hasn't been an explicit ban on large events at any stage, though, not holding them has been "advised" and necessary medical support withdrawn. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-guidance-for-mass-gatherings

Also GM would not have pandemic insurance so they'd have nothing to claim for, in the same way clubs, bars and venues couldn't claim anything even though they'd been ordered to close.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

12 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

That may very well be the case, but I still don’t know why people are moaning at them for not cancelling yet more than 3 months out.

I agree but you also said they should give themselves a chance when the truth is there is no chance. If gigs of 250 people are allowed in August that would be great progress - 25,000 is an impossible dream.