Green Man 2020

12 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2020/feb/27/caribou-suddenly-review-perfectly-imperfect-pop

5  review from the Guardian for new Caribou. Can’t wait to listen! Apparently Ravi is incredible. 

Ravi is top notch. I really enjoyed it through did think I'd heard most of the best stuff already due to the strength of the singles. 

18 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Eh, festivals rarely announce on weekends anyway. Reckon we could get something in the upcoming week though?

Sounds like they’ll be announcing the date of the next announcement this week.

Not sure whether the date of the next announcement will also be this week or later on in March. 

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

EOTR announcing more names on Thursday. I imagine GM will soon follow then

Yeah hopefully it will be next week then.

I’m in desperate need of new names now. Want to add some new stuff to my playlist.

Please can we get: Bikini Kill, Caroline Polachek, Daughter, Dan Deacon, Les Savy Fav, The Fiery Furnaces and Brooke Bentham. 

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Also, tickets bought!!

Low ticket warning announced for those of you who haven’t purchased yet - very early this year! 

How long do you reckon we have?? Was planning on getting them next weekend but thinking it might have to be Friday now

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Can’t quite remember but pretty sure it was only a few days between the same announcement last year and it selling out. 

I'm surprised at how fast it's selling. Surely last year's lineup was stronger? I wonder who the main drawers for people are. I'm still uncertain about whether to go myself :(

Also, I wonder who the Idles/Bright Eyes/Eels type act will be. As in, a act that isn't headlining but is still a pretty big coup for the fest.

23rd May was when the email was sent last year, and i think it’s turning into\has turned into a festival where the line up is not that important.   Personally i go every year with the family, and am now getting the early bird tickets! It just ticks a lot of boxes - great people, great beer, great for kids, stunning scenery, virtually no litter

7 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Wish my mates would hurry up and commit. Of all the things to panic buy, a Green Man ticket has got to be one of the best 

The one life lesson I wish I'd learned earlier is not to let mate's prevarication stop me doing something. Get it bought and they'll soon fall in line.. if not, go solo and make new friends 👍

19 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Also, tickets bought!!

Low ticket warning announced for those of you who haven’t purchased yet - very early this year! 

Sorry for daft ass question but how do you know this?

Trying to convince a couple of friends to join so this might help!!

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

0A746FB9-048E-42AF-A18B-AA73534E3C9C.jpeg

Fair play! Not quite sure where on the website that is cause I've just looked and can't seen anything but yep point taken!

😆

Edited by semmtexx

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Lucky! I've only got two friends that /might/ be interested in going, if they can afford it and can get the time off work. Very disappointing :(

Yes, to be fair we've already got a good group coming. Just trying to mop up the fellow unlucky glasto goers amongst the others!