Green Man 2020

8 hours ago, JHad said:

Alabaster Deplume is definitely one of my 'finds' so far too, along with Otoboke Beaver and KOKOROKO. I also had no idea who LUMP were until now.

Oh yeah me neither with LUMP! Really enjoying that album and hoping they’re going to release more stuff this year.

Big fan of Otoboke Beaver, will be lots of fun! 

I struggle to get into bands like KOKOROKO! on record but I imagine they’ll be good live! 

19 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

So I could never get into Thundercat that much on record but I’ve been watching a lot of live videos recently and my god, the man is incredible!

The drummer and the keyboardist are insane as well - definitely a must see for me now! 

I saw thundercat at field day a couple of years ago and it was very forgettable

5 hours ago, benali said:

The floods in Crickhowell look horrible. The A40 is closed there due to the weather. I wonder how much of Glanusk Park is underwater?

The Glanusk estate Twitter says there are "disruptions" on the land and fallen trees in the area. Damage to the roads around the site will likely be the longer-term problem - this is the road that the entrance is on and I think this part is the bridge on the right as you approach from the A40/A465.

56 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Looks awful. That pub by the bridge - The Bridge End I think - was badly flooded not that long ago as well. 

Important for GM attendees to visit the town during the festival and spend a bit of money I think. Such a nice town. 

462DCBC5-9D90-4D72-8570-5E227C97306E.jpeg

It's a yearly tradition for us to go get food from the bridge end at Saturday lunch time. The walk along the river really helps clear the hangover and is one of the highlights of my year. 

2 hours ago, rug568 said:

It's a yearly tradition for us to go get food from the bridge end at Saturday lunch time. The walk along the river really helps clear the hangover and is one of the highlights of my year. 

Yeah that sounds great. I had plans to walk up the mountain behind the main stage on Friday morning and then have lunch/pint at the Bridge Inn but sadly didn't happen - this year! 

On 2/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone know anything about the band called Caroline? Can’t find anything online about them beyond a similar description to the one on GM’s page - but the description sounds like something I’m going to really like.

https://www.greenman.net/artists/caroline

Here you go mate. Signed to Rough Trade, it seems.

• Like 1