Green Man 2020

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

PREDICTION GAME RESULTS

By my calculations, the joint winners are:

- Me (lol) and @Callum_96 with 7 correct guesses

In joint 3rd place are @benali and @Cottsy with 4 correct guesses. 

In joint 5th place are @Tatterdemalion, The Wonder Why, @SweepingTheNation, @dentalplan and Muddy Holly with 3 correct guesses.

In joint 8th place are @NCruz, @rug568 and @Happyboypricey with 2 correct guesses.

In joint 11th place are @JHad and @zzzfest with a solitary correct guess.

In last place (sorry) is @retromoz with no correct guesses. 

If anyone disputes these results, feel free to let me know. There is a whole excel spreadsheet behind this so I’m hoping this is all correct!!

Interestingly the most predicted act - Fontaines DC - was not announced. They were predicted by 8 different people. 

stupid bloody game anyway.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

PREDICTION GAME RESULTS

In joint 5th place are @Tatterdemalion, The Wonder Why, @SweepingTheNation, @dentalplan and Muddy Holly with 3 correct guesses.

In joint 8th place are @NCruz, @rug568 and @Happyboypricey with 2 correct guesses.

If anyone disputes these results, feel free to let me know. There is a whole excel spreadsheet behind this so I’m hoping this is all correct!!

Interestingly the most predicted act - Fontaines DC - was not announced. They were predicted by 8 different people. 

Hahaha! Thank goodness for Working Men's Club! I think 3 of my predicted acts for Rising are on there, so will take some consolation from that. Does that mean they'll likely be on another stage other than Rising, or are Rising acts sometimes released in the first announcement? 

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

PREDICTION GAME RESULTS

I mean, I'd call that joint 2nd but I'll take 3rd place.

As for the lineup, the headliners are a bit 'meh!' but I didn't see any of the headliners last year so not really that bothered. There's more on the undercard that I'm interested in seeing than I was at this stage last year but its probably missing an Eels/Idles type of band that I can get really excited by.

Neither under nor over-whelmed.

1 hour ago, coxy99 said:

Really want to go to this but campervan tickets have all gone.  Do they normally release more nearer the time?  

Hugely unlikely - camper van tickets at Green Man are like gold dust.  And once they are gone, they are gone.

Last couple of years we've taken the caravan down anyway and camped at Brecon, and drove in each day.  Not ideal, but good enough for us.

I think it's a little underwhelming, although I know Caribou & Kiwanuka will be quite exciting for other people.

There's enough lower down the bill to get me onboard though, especially Ty Segall, Moon Duo, Porridge Radio & Parquet Courts. Plenty of bands that I wouldn't mind seeing but am unlikely to pay to see on there own as well like The Orielles, Bambara, Nadine Shah, and Working Men's Club. Will most likely do Stewarding again though, enjoyed it last year and makes sense considering the line up isn't super strong (unlikely to be too torn over shift choice). Also might give me a chance to do EOTR for the first time, but that's dependant on what friends want to do.

Interesting that Lucinda Williams is on the bill, guess it makes sense as she is a big influence on a lot of stuff around at the moment. Definitely heard Waxahatchee mention her and I think Big Thief owe a lot to her (can imagine Adrianne Lenker doing a great version of Car wheels on a gravel road). Shame neither of those are on the line up this year. 

Got my fingers crossed that future announcements throw in a few more of my faves. US Girls, Vagabon, Shannon Lay (who could potentially be there in The Freedom Band), and any of Rachel Agg's bands would be lovely.

So what do we reckon we have so far then? 

Mountain headliners: Michael Kiwanuka (Friday), Caribou (Saturday), Mac DeMarco (Sunday)
Mountain subs: Thundercat? Goldfrapp? 
Far Out headliners: Little Dragon (Thursday), Parquet Courts, Ty Segall 
Walled Garden headliners: Gruff Rhys? 
After Dark: Black Midi? Moon Duo? 

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

So what do we reckon we have so far then? 

Mountain headliners: Michael Kiwanuka (Friday), Caribou (Saturday), Mac DeMarco (Sunday)
Mountain subs: Thundercat? Goldfrapp? 
Far Out headliners: Little Dragon (Thursday), Parquet Courts, Ty Segall 
Walled Garden headliners: Gruff Rhys? 
After Dark: Black Midi? Moon Duo? 

Agreed on headliners. 

Can see Parquet Courts headlining Far Out with Ty Segall underneath them up against Caribou. 

Edited by lessthanwill1