Green Man 2020

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Would love that! Where would she play?

I'd like to see some more jazzy people too. Hell, imagine Flying Lotus playing the Far Out tent late at night 🤤

God knows. Would have thought high up but she hardly ever plays so difficult to know. 

Yes for sure. My knowledge of jazz is extremely limited but would be great to have some variety like they did last year. Hoping Otoboke Beaver, Tinariwen, Imarhan, or Mdou Moctor also make an appearance as well. 

You know I actually had Flying Lotus down as my Friday night Far Out headliner on my prediction but took him off last minute. Would be awesome.  

9 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

God knows. Would have thought high up but she hardly ever plays so difficult to know. 

Yes for sure. My knowledge of jazz is extremely limited but would be great to have some variety like they did last year. Hoping Otoboke Beaver, Tinariwen, Imarhan, or Mdou Moctor also make an appearance as well. 

You know I actually had Flying Lotus down as my Friday night Far Out headliner on my prediction but took him off last minute. Would be awesome.  

Wow I just looked and saw she's only done two shows over here. Didn't think she was that rare. Can see her being a big sub, like Eels were last year.

...or it just won't happen :(

3 hours ago, Damon said:

Also, has anyone here got anything to add who's done both?

Pros and Cons of both? Likelihood is I'll go off the line up and green man is geographically closer as I'm north east England!

Also never visited Wales!

If you go to GM it's definitely worth doing Settlers and exploring the local area. There's a load of mountains to climb, caves, beautiful river walks, great pubs. Then there's the evening entertainment on site and various other activities to add. 

Going from a week at GM makes the 4 days at EOTR seem too short. 

If you can only get to one and have a family then it's GM. If you just want to watch a stupid amount of good bands from noon to 2am then it's EOTR.

Both are just brilliant festivals. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, benali said:

If you go to GM it's definitely worth doing Settlers and exploring the local area. There's a load of mountains to climb, caves, beautiful river walks, great pubs. Then there's the evening entertainment on site and various other activities to add. 

If you can only get to one and have a family then it's GM. If you just want to watch a stupid amount of good bands from noon to 2am then it's EOTR.

It would just be a couple, would be brilliant if dogs were welcome!

The end of the road line up is brilliant, I’ll hold out to see what green man looks like as I’m already at primavera and a lot of the acts are there also, if they pull yeah yeah yeahs in it may sway me as I need to catch them somewhere!

23 minutes ago, benali said:

Is Settler's really worth it? Seems pretty expensive and plus it means having to book even more time off work. What sort of entertainment and activities do they have on site?

When I went last year I was really hoping to climb the mountain but arrived on Thursday and just didn't have time. So I'd probably attempt that if I was a settler...

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is Settler's really worth it? Seems pretty expensive and plus it means having to book even more time off work. What sort of entertainment and activities do they have on site?

When I went last year I was really hoping to climb the mountain but arrived on Thursday and just didn't have time. So I'd probably attempt that if I was a settler...

We love Settlers. Gives you so much time to relax into the festival, you feel quite smug on Thursday when everyone is battling to get their stuff from the car and set up their tents. It feels like a holiday and a festival in one. 

During the day they have some stalls and run workshops. Then from about 7pm each day there is one stage with about 3 or 4 bands. Last year they had some comedy and there's always a pub quiz.

I'd highly recommend climbing a mountain and viewing the GM site from the top of it.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Dan Deacon recently. Very excited for the new album next week. Really hope he plays GM this year (he’s played before). Hopefully headlining the Walled Garden.

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

The lack of Phoebe Bridgers on any of these early summer announcements must be a good sign... 

Must be! Highlight of 2018 for me.

31 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

What about Jesus and Mary Chain performing Darklands in full?

Playing in Glasgow on Friday 14 August at that Kelvingrove Bandstand event in Glasgow. FJM did it last year before headlining GM, as did Fleet Foxes in 2018. 

Just get yourself a Primavera ticket mate! 

Edited by Guy Incognito

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Ahh sick , it's very worth making the trip out for. It's already looking like a vintage year with both Portishead and Nine Inch Nails seemingly likely to play.

I've been to primavera and would love to go again. The lineup is consistently incredible year after year. I didn't get the same feeling of escapism that I get from greenman though, which left me feeling a little disappointed. I think the sheer size of the thing coupled with the fact that you don't sleep on site takes some of the magic away.