Green Man 2020

This would of course be much easier after the EoTR announcement, but why the heck not have a go now! OK, people have beaten me to some of these, but here are my 10 predictions. There are lots from last year's Rising I'd like to see promoted (BCNR, Porridge Radio, Pozi, Peaness, Oscar Lang, Scalping, Dry Cleaning, Just Mustard) too, but have left them out along with my dream big names and headliners and gone for acts who as far as I can tell have never played GM (at least in their current guise):

• Warmduscher
  • Working Men's Club
  • Pom Poko
  • Pip Blom
  • LIFE
  • SOAK
  • Taylor Skye
  • William Doyle
  • Fontaines D.C. (granted, they are a big name now)
  • Heavy Lungs

A few for Rising:

• Sinead O'Brien
  • Disq
  • Eyesore & The Jinx
  • Lynks Afrikka
  • Lazarus Kane
  • Tugboat Captain

Edited by JHad

Fountains D.C.

The Murder Capitol

Tash Sultana

Ren Harvieu

Kathryn Joseph

KT Tunstall

The Twilight Sad

New Order

Saving Grace (Robert Plant)

Brian Fallon

Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Sorry, couldn’t resist the temptation, just dismiss this. No mistaking for Phoebe Bridgers.)

I’d put British Sea Power, Black Midi and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever unless they appeared at GM fairly recently (17, 17 and 18, respectively).

10 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Rumour has it the EOTR headliners are Pixies, Big Thief and Bright Eyes. If thats true then I guess you lot at Green Man have Angel Olsen.

Edit - obvious disclaimer that this might not be true.

Very interesting, pixies would be the only one out of the three that I would be interested in. 

Just now, lessthanwill1 said:

Cool, thanks. Thought Pixies would be quite a big get for Green Man so that would be a pretty impressive booking for EOTR. The other two are great bookings in my opinion. 

In fairness EOTR booked Vampire Weekend as a UK exclusive in 2018, which is huge.

The Green Man or EOTR comparisons are always interesting. For me EOTR wins because it just seems to get slightly more unusual/special bookings (e.g Mulatu Astatke, Laraaji, Bill Callahan etc), partially due to Late Junction's involvement of course. Green Man always has really solid line ups, but they don't often have that WOW factor for me, although they do often have bigger bands and in 2019 especially, had better headliners.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

In fairness EOTR booked Vampire Weekend as a UK exclusive in 2018, which is huge.

The Green Man or EOTR comparisons are always interesting. For me EOTR wins because it just seems to get slightly more unusual/special bookings (e.g Mulatu Astatke, Laraaji, Bill Callahan etc), partially due to Late Junction's involvement of course. Green Man always has really solid line ups, but they don't often have that WOW factor for me, although they do often have bigger bands and in 2019 especially, had better headliners.

For sure. Was going to mention the Vampire Weekend booking in my post - EOTR definitely have a big booking in them so the Pixies booking wouldn’t surprise me although I thought they were pretty nailed on for GM given their tour dates.

Have you been to Green Man? I haven’t been to EOTR but have always wanted to but can’t afford both in one year sadly. Feel like the setting of GM can’t be beaten but have heard great things about the Garden Stage. 

35 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Have you been to Green Man? I haven’t been to EOTR but have always wanted to but can’t afford both in one year sadly. Feel like the setting of GM can’t be beaten but have heard great things about the Garden Stage. 

Nah I haven't, sadly. One day I will. Thus far EOTR has been better suited to my taste and geographically is a lot more convenient for me. I try limit myself to only three weekend festivals a year and they tend to be Glastonbury, End Of The Road and Primavera Sound. If the EOTR line up isnt to my liking this year, I may well go to GM for the first time.

Yeah the GM setting does seem unbeatable, but the EOTR is also very, very lovely.

27 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Nah I haven't, sadly. One day I will. Thus far EOTR has been better suited to my taste and geographically is a lot more convenient for me. I try limit myself to only three weekend festivals a year and they tend to be Glastonbury, End Of The Road and Primavera Sound. If the EOTR line up isnt to my liking this year, I may well go to GM for the first time.

Yeah the GM setting does seem unbeatable, but the EOTR is also very, very lovely.

I did GM for the first time last year (partly, as someone said, they had better headliners than EOTR).

Both festivals are 10/10 frankly. You can't go wrong.

• Upvote 1