Green Man 2020

5 hours ago, benali said:

Pigsx7 were on with Marc Riley last night. He asked them about festivals and they said they have a few booked in but didn't think they could announce them yet. They played last year but have a new album on the way so could be a possibility. They also namechecked Green Man as one of their highlights of 2019.

Would love that, they were one of the highlights of the summer for me 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Same. But still not convinced she'd be a headliner.

My position is that eotr and green Man will be fighting over her, and potentially the clincher will be who will offer her the headliner spot. I think she more than deserves it, bearing in mind both festivals have promoted male artists to headliner status in the past.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rug568 said:

My position is that eotr and green Man will be fighting over her, and potentially the clincher will be who will offer her the headliner spot. I think she more than deserves it, bearing in mind both festivals have promoted male artists to headliner status in the past.

That’s a very good point. She has great leverage.

Anyone want to predict 10 acts they think will be announced? I’ll count them up and post the results on the 29/30th.

I’m going to exclude Pictish Trail as he’s there every year. Also, you cannot include acts that relate to the clues Green Man tweet before the announcement (unless you predict that act before the clue is posted of course). 

Any prediction can be amended until the announcement is published. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone want to predict 10 acts they think will be announced? I’ll count them up and post the results on the 29/30th.

I’m going to exclude Pictish Trail as he’s there every year. Also, you cannot include acts that relate to the clues Green Man tweet before the announcement (unless you predict that act before the clue is posted of course). 

Any prediction can be amended until the announcement is published. 

Love that idea! I'll get my thinking cap out of the wardrobe. 

I think a few the same as Will but am going to put different ones.

Murder Capital

Sports Team

Warmduscher

Parquet Courts

Low

The Unthanks

Lazarus Kane

Fontaines DC

Black Midi

Sorry

Also some picks for Rising Stage because if any of these are correct it's got to be worth extra points! A few of these are bands from my local area who are starting to get some exposure.

Mystic Peach

PVA's

Sorcha Richardson

Flowvers

Lauren Hibberd

Drug Store Romeos

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, benali said:

Also some picks for Rising Stage because if any of these are correct it's got to be worth extra points! A few of these are bands from my local area who are starting to get some exposure

I was thinking this but we wouldn’t know who’s on the rising stage until a lot later on so it would be tricky. 

I reckon Jerskin Fendrix is a good shout for The Rising Stage. 

I wonder if any of the Rising Stage acts from last year might get bumped up to the Walled Garden. Porridge Radio and Peaness both had big crowds from what I remember.

I reckon Girl Ray will be there, maybe Metronomy and like most people I'd love to see Angel Olsen. Wouldn't be surprised to see The Orielles or Warmduscher.

A punt for the Rising Stage would be Bunny Hoova, on the basis that Marc Riley plays them a lot and seems like there's a significant overlap with this festival and his playlist 😛.

I think that makes 8 bands, so let's throw in WH Lung & Working Men's Club.

There are some Bands/Artists I'd love to see but I feel are long shots, Algiers, Vagabon, U.S. Girls, Omni and Shannon Lay. 

All of the above based on nothing more than gut feeling, not an expert of the dark arts of festival bookings.

• Upvote 1

My 10 pick of the pops.

Patti Smith

Sports Team

Dry Cleaning

sleater kinney (ever the optimist)

Field Music

Slotface

Matt Berringer

Mystery Jets

Celeste

Cigarettes After Sex (who i always call 'fags after fucking')

I win and claim my 5 pounds please.

Edited by retromoz
  • Upvote 1