Green Man 2020

59 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Last couple of years they've announced 2/3 of the headliners with the third coming later on. They have announced all headliners in previous versions though so it's not a strict rule. 

First announcement last year contained most of the bigger acts but some were still announced later on (e.g. Eels and Yo La Tengo). 

The quantity of acts announced in the first announcement also varies quite a bit. Last year they announced pretty much double the amount of acts that were initially announced in 2018. 

Sounds good; so hopefully there should be enough there for me to decide if I want to go again or not?

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Sounds good; so hopefully there should be enough there for me to decide if I want to go again or not?

Probably. Although in 2018 the first announcement wasn't that great for me but then the next two were and I bought my ticket on that basis. 

The second announcement is usually 1st March (St David's Day) and tickets are unlikely to have sold out before that so you'll probably be able to find out some more acts in addition to the initial acts that are announced before having to decide. 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Probably. Although in 2018 the first announcement wasn't that great for me but then the next two were and I bought my ticket on that basis. 

The second announcement is usually 1st March (St David's Day) and tickets are unlikely to have sold out before that so you'll probably be able to find out some more acts in addition to the initial acts that are announced before having to decide. 

Aye but would rather get it booked sooner so I can book time off and make plans.

Chances are I'll go to this and/or End of the Road anyway; really the main issue is convincing people to come with or at least finding some kind of solo group 😅

15 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

About £220 I think with settlers 

I paid just under £290 for my early bird with Settlers and Car Park. The dreaded booking & shipment fees added up to over £25, which is effing ridiculous.  Settlers Car Park was £30, and I think Settler's itself was maybe £60.  Last year I didn't do Settlers and I paid £212 for my early bird with Car Park.

Woah... that feels like a bit of a price hike l, unless I really wasn’t paying attention last year (seems unlikely)! I had in my head about £180 plus £40 but hadn’t included car park, fees or apparently a few years of settlers price hikes 

Edited by Aeroplane Over the Sea

I think they'd probably sub? Its an impossible one to call really given they haven't played here, or anywhere, for ages. They don't strike me as the type of band that can go around demanding headline positions just because they've reformed, certainly not as events this size anyway. 

Some recommendations from Rockaway Beach this weekend that I feel would go down well at Green Man: LIFE, International Teachers of Pop and Eyesore & The Jinx. 

I feel that International Teachers of Pop would be perfect in an early Thursday slot to get people in the mood, just as audiobooks were billed in '19.

edit: just checked the Clashfinder and they played exactly that slot in 2018! I didn't realise they went back so far as a side-project. 

Edited by JHad
Checked the Clashfinder

3 hours ago, andrewdotstewart said:

I might be biased as I love Conor Oberst, but in my mind they're a bigger draw than Sharon Van Etten or Father John Misty.

Maybe a Thursday headliner if not?

Yeah I'd be pretty happy. Especially if the rumour of Phoebe Bridgers playing is true. Hopefully they'd share a stage and do some Better Oblivion Community centre stuff. 

• Like 1

Pigsx7 were on with Marc Riley last night. He asked them about festivals and they said they have a few booked in but didn't think they could announce them yet. They played last year but have a new album on the way so could be a possibility. They also namechecked Green Man as one of their highlights of 2019.