Green Man 2020

31 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Do you think they'd headline? I think their size is really hard to judge as they haven't done a proper series of gigs over here for ages but I'm wondering if they could pull off a similar deal as Eels where they play third (or properly more accurately sub)? 

Their last UK date was at All Points East 2018 second only to LCD, so I'd guess they're headline size.

49 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Do you think they'd headline? I think their size is really hard to judge as they haven't done a proper series of gigs over here for ages but I'm wondering if they could pull off a similar deal as Eels where they play third (or properly more accurately sub)? 

Yeah i'd say headliner for the same reasons as @SweepingTheNation. Looking at that year's APE line up, they had Beck in the same position and Father John Misty one step lower so going off that I would have thought YYYs would be headliner size. 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Fair point, although I think APE is a hard one to judge really as the subs aren't really traditional subs - thats the North stage headliner really. They've had the likes of Sampha, John Grant and Metronomy in that same position so not sure its as clear cut as that. 

Yeah i agree it's hard to judge. And GM is hard to gauge as well - last year's line up was kind of strange in that respect (although i think we can assume a headliner pulled out). 

John Grant was only in that position due to First Aid Kit pulling out i think though. 

I could see it going either way to be honest but my instinct would be headliner. 

Gig updates: 

Sorry were decent but maybe not quite as good as I'd hoped. Very much enjoyed Wu Lu supporting and a local band called Web who very much had a Black Midi thing going on. Will be interested to hear more because they haven't even recorded a song yet but played 30 mins non stop which hooked me right in.

Last night I saw Sports Team. Compared to 6 months ago the crowd was far more student orientated (possibly up to 90%) all of who absolutely adored them. They're such an enthusiastic and fun live band it's hard not to like them.

Support was Alfie Templeman who is seriously going places. Annoyingly good for his age, hard to believe he's 16 FFS. 

Edited by benali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1