Green Man 2020

Warmduscher were delightfully bonkers. Crowd were right up for it. The Joiners have been smashing it with gigs lately. 

Lazarus Kane have something good going on. Really interested to hear more recorded songs from them next year. Definitely recommend seeing them if they're on anywhere near you. 

Should really go to see Tiny Ruins in Winchester tomorrow but with Yak on Friday 3 gigs in 4 days is too much at my age, haha. 

2 hours ago, benali said:

Warmduscher were delightfully bonkers. Crowd were right up for it. The Joiners have been smashing it with gigs lately. 

Lazarus Kane have something good going on. Really interested to hear more recorded songs from them next year. Definitely recommend seeing them if they're on anywhere near you. 

Should really go to see Tiny Ruins in Winchester tomorrow but with Yak on Friday 3 gigs in 4 days is too much at my age, haha. 

Lazarus kane playing that Lexington line of best fit festival in Jan supporting the districts

I'll see them then!

14 hours ago, benali said:

Equally so last night at Village Underground! One of the most joyful gigs I can recall, right through the evening. Such a great vibe summed up by the stage diving and stage invasion at the end, all encouraged by Warmduscher of course. Having Nuha Ruby Ra, Meatraffle and Squid all as support acts basically felt like cheating, but Warmduscher raised the bar further both in terms of weirdness and energy. I'd happily see any or all of those 4 acts at GM next year.

1 hour ago, benali said:

Sounds like a great gig, stupidly good line up there!

Did Nuha Ruby Ra play with a band? She supported Snapped Ankles and just sang over a PA which was alright but I'd really like to see a full live show.

She had one guy playing some wind instruments up on stage, but it was mainly PA. It was pretty intimate as she spent most of her set with the sparse early crowd. I missed her at Snapped Ankles, so was especially keen to get down early this time! She also guested on a few tracks with Warmduscher as well.

I was also at the Joiner’s Warmduscher gig and it pretty cool for a Tuesday evening. Just listening to Lazarus Kane’s only offering on Spotify; Narcissus, and its ace. These would be a great fit for GM or EOTR. 

Yak also played the Joiners last night; literally hanging from the ceiling....they’re one of the best live bands.  

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

GM started following Lizzo on twitter today...

I wouldn't read that much into that, and not just because she's bound to be hugely expensive by now - their following pattern isn't that consistent and they're not going to give announcements away that easily. (That said, they've also just followed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...)

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I wouldn't read that much into that, and not just because she's bound to be hugely expensive by now - their following pattern isn't that consistent and they're not going to give announcements away that easily. (That said, they've also just followed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...)

Yeah obviously not going to happen just thought it was interesting! 

They started following YYYs shortly after the end of this year’s festival. I’m a massive loser and look at who they follow quite regularly for any line up clues haha. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yeah obviously not going to happen just thought it was interesting! 

They started following YYYs shortly after the end of this year’s festival. I’m a massive loser and look at who they follow quite regularly for any line up clues haha. 

It's OK. Its a safe space here.

• Like 2

I caught Oscar Lang last night at The Great Escape First Fifty launch thing and left energised and smiling. I've rarely seen a band so joyful and comfortable on stage. I know he played in 19 on Rising (I missed it, hence the choice to go last night), but I could see a set going down very well in the Walled Garden, especially on a sunny afternoon!

Could definitely see all four of those at Green Man. 

Pixies are definitely on the bigger end of GM headliners but think they would still be within their reach. GM have had a few acts headline who had recently played Ally Pally (War on Drugs and Four Tet). Pixies and Caribou for two of the three headliners (with maybe Angel Olsen or Michael Kiwanuka as the third?)

I remember GM tweeting last year in response to someone asking for Parquet Courts that they love them but weren't able to book them so I could see them rectifying that this year. 

Woods have played before a while back so I wouldn't be surprised to see them. 

BCNR are highly likely I think - GM don't seem to mind repeat bookings when the particular band/artist played the rising stage the year before. A Walled Garden slot would be great. 

So it looks like Yeah Yeah Yeahs are indeed touring next year (playing Shaky Knees in the US in May) which is interesting giving GM started following them on twitter after this year’s festival. Obviously not a confirmation that they’re playing but more that they’re on GM’s radar.

What would you think about YYYs headlining?

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

So it looks like Yeah Yeah Yeahs are indeed touring next year (playing Shaky Knees in the US in May) which is interesting giving GM started following them on twitter after this year’s festival. Obviously not a confirmation that they’re playing but more that they’re on GM’s radar.

YES PLEASE!!!!

(or rather....YES! YES! YES! please?)

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I rate your knowledge on green man’s twitter activity so highly 

• Upvote 1