Green Man 2020

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks like it might be heading out that way though. Quickest ever presales following shortest ever general sale, if I’m not mistaken...

Definitely selling out quicker but still vastly different to Glastonbury. Tickets were still on Sale until early May this year having gone on sale at the end of Jan!

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Do we reckon he's a headliner? 

Probably. Guess it depends who else is available and for what days.

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

Are we thinking there'll be a dance headline every year now?

I don’t think there are enough names for it to be a recurring slot but they’re clearly open to it now.

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

The Jesus and Mary Chain look to be pretty active next year. Another potential headliner I reckon. 

Far Out headliner, I'd think. They only headlined EOTR a couple of years ago because Bill Callahan, who'd been announced as headliner, was, depending on which version you believe, either thought better suited to the Garden stage or his London dates didn't sell well enough to justify it.

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Far Out headliner, I'd think. They only headlined EOTR a couple of years ago because Bill Callahan, who'd been announced as headliner, was, depending on which version you believe, either thought better suited to the Garden stage or his London dates didn't sell well enough to justify it.

Yeah sounds about right. 

If they could get Caribou subbing Jon Hopkins one night on the Mountain Stage that would make my year. 

9 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yeah sounds about right. 

If they could get Caribou subbing Jon Hopkins one night on the Mountain Stage that would make my year. 

That would be insanely good...think they opened a door this year with four yet so who knows.  Love my guitar music but watched Orbital at Kendall and chemical bros at all points east and I get “it”.

Caribou have guitars. Pretty much like Hot Chip in terms of live setup. No shredding solos or anything but it’s not a guy bobbing about behind a desk.

I’d fully anticipate Caribou headlining the Mountain Stage if they were there. This year’s debacle with some bigger acts than YLT not headlining has thrown me from saying things are certain but Caribou seems like an easy headliner regardless.

23 hours ago, JHad said:

I hope you're right! I caught his set at Rough Trade East last night and it was utterly spellbinding. 

Great to hear! I’ve never seen him. New album is sounding great.

I’m really hoping he plays on the Mountain Stage this year - just think shouting out “when the sun is dying!!” repeatedly would be such a euphoric moment!