Green Man 2020

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

It's not particularly any more dangerous than cooking under a gazebo as long as you're not an idiot and keep the flap open 

I'd disagree, having witnessed two camp stove fires (including a 'safety stove' melt through it's own casing). I wouldn't want one anywhere near the outer, inner or base of a tent, especially one where the only way out would be to get past the fire/melting fabric.

• Upvote 1

Well that was a bit of a disaster buying early bird tickets.

Wanted the payment plan but no Little Folk tickets were available by the time I got on. Added 2 adults and 1 teen to the basket, then tried to buy a Little Folk ticket at normal price but it wouldn't let me because I wasn't buying an adult ticket with it.

Phoned them up, waited ages. Got through by which time the tickets in my basket had been removed because the webpage had been inactive for 5 minutes.

Told on the phone that they can't sell payment plan tickets over the phone, but if I buy them online I can ring them back and buy a normal Little Folk ticket over the phone. 

Go back online to see payment plan adult tickets are sold out. Click on normal early bird tickets and they are all gone too. 

Annoying.

Edited by benali
Spelling

3 minutes ago, benali said:

Well that was a bit of a disaster buying early bird tickets.

Wanted the payment plan but no Little Folk tickets were available by the time I got on. Added 2 adults and 1 teen to the basket, then tried to buy a Little Folk ticket at normal price but it wouldn't let me because I wasn't buying an adult ticket with it.

Phoned them up, waited ages. Got through by which time the tickets in my basket had been removed because the webpage had been inactive for 5 minutes.

Told on the phone that they can't sell payment plan tickets over the phone, but if I buy them online I can ring them back and buy a normal Little Folk ticket over the phone. 

Go back online to see payment plan adult tickets are sold out. Click on normal early bird tickets and they are all gone too. 

Annoying.

Oh man that is annoying. Sorry dude. Not that it's any consolation but some of our group missed out too. 

Well done to those who got tickets this morning. Sounds like a glasto-esque scramble.

The problem is groups with multiple shelters and gazebos come the weekend. It consumes too much space and is an unnecessary selfish luxury. Many of those I saw in settlers could have made do with smaller or fewer structures of that type.

If GM are trying to improve then good for them. I’m happier even though my group will now be leaving ours at home.

11 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Well done to those who got tickets this morning. Sounds like a glasto-esque scramble.

The problem is groups with multiple shelters and gazebos come the weekend. It consumes too much space and is an unnecessary selfish luxury. Many of those I saw in settlers could have made do with smaller or fewer structures of that type.

If GM are trying to improve then good for them. I’m happier even though my group will now be leaving ours at home.

Again, I don’t use one, but surely limiting it to one shelter to two or three tents would be ok. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dodger717 said:

Managed to get tickets but by the time i got through the campervan tickets had gone . Does anyone know if they put more on sale in the general sale or is that the full allocation gone ?

There'll be more weekend campervan tickets in the general sale but I think the week-long settlers may all be gone in the earlybirds.

Get in straight away as they do sell out fast.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:11 PM, Suggestives said:

There'll be more weekend campervan tickets in the general sale but I think the week-long settlers may all be gone in the earlybirds.

Get in straight away as they do sell out fast.

They confirmed to me via Twitter that all the settlers camper van and motorhome tickets went in the early bird sale, but there will be more weekend ones.

We ideally needed 3 and only managed to get 2, but will sort something out! First time at Green Man having been to the last 8 Glasto's and really looking forward to trying something different

• Upvote 1

Random stab in the dark. Probably could be a bit more musically diverse but I’d be very happy with something like this. 

First Aid Kit        Jon Hopkins       Pixies 

Angel Olsen       Bat for Lashes    Sleater Kinney

Fontaines DC     Bill Callahan        Ezra Furman 

Edited by lessthanwill1

18 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Random stab in the dark. Probably could be a bit more musically diverse but I’d be very happy with something like this. 

First Aid Kit        Jon Hopkins       Pixies 

Angel Olsen       Bat for Lashes    Sleater Kinney

Fontaines DC     Bill Callahan        Ezra Furman 

I would happily kill a man with a random stab in the dark if it meant we would get those headliners!

• Upvote 1

When does the line-up normally come out? Spring?

We went for the first time in 2017 and this would be top of my list next year as a Glastonbury replacement as we bloody loved it (would have loved to have done both last year actually, but couldn't stretch to it...), but I'd like to peruse a few line-ups first.

Also seen some people throwing Nick Cave about as a name - is that a possibility, do we think, or is Cave just a bit too big now? Would be awesome in that setting. 

13 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

When does the line-up normally come out? Spring?

We went for the first time in 2017 and this would be top of my list next year as a Glastonbury replacement as we bloody loved it (would have loved to have done both last year actually, but couldn't stretch to it...), but I'd like to peruse a few line-ups first.

Also seen some people throwing Nick Cave about as a name - is that a possibility, do we think, or is Cave just a bit too big now? Would be awesome in that setting. 

Tickets and the first phase of the line up will be released at the end of January.

My sense is that Nick Cave would be too big. He’d definitely be someone that GM would be trying to book though so fingers crossed! 

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Tickets and the first phase of the line up will be released at the end of January.

My sense is that Nick Cave would be too big. He’d definitely be someone that GM would be trying to book though so fingers crossed! 

Excellent, thanks. Going to keep a close eye on that then!

I think he's too big now too, but saw the name bandied about so wondered if it was beyond the realms...

12 hours ago, rug568 said:

Seeing people lose their minds on social media about glasto tickets makes me very happy my friends go to a fantastic festival don't require you to have your shit together in early October

Looks like it might be heading out that way though. Quickest ever presales following shortest ever general sale, if I’m not mistaken...