What have you done to appease the ticket gods?

dotdash79

On 9/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, crazyfool1 said:

Talking of sinking ... presume u sorted the flooding issue ? 

More or less, I have a new place now, but I still need to go to court to try to get some of my money back from the dirty management company! It's been an ordeal to say the least. 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, thrillhouse188 said:

Trying to organise a group of around 10, half of whom don't really seem all too clued up/bothered about about the whole process. Buzzing for their group to get tickets and mine to miss out come ticket day.

I've got 29 I think. Trying to sort them into groups.... With an added strategy of who a) has history of buying tickets and b) which group would be each person's "second pick" for tickets if their group's are already secured. 

The added nightmare of a few having not officially confirmed means I'm running through various hypothetical permutations. Plus hoping the coach sale will take a few out!

Does this sort of behaviour appease the ticket gods? I hope so!

44 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've got 29 I think. Trying to sort them into groups.... With an added strategy of who a) has history of buying tickets and b) which group would be each person's "second pick" for tickets if their group's are already secured. 

The added nightmare of a few having not officially confirmed means I'm running through various hypothetical permutations. Plus hoping the coach sale will take a few out!

Does this sort of behaviour appease the ticket gods? I hope so!

God I think any more than two groups and I’ve have a brain aneurysm! 

Also doesn’t help that I have extras in my office who are ‘interested’, but when I explain the process and game plan they just offer up a blank, confused expression! 

2 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Also doesn’t help that I have extras in my office who are ‘interested’, but when I explain the process and game plan they just offer up a blank, confused expression! 

Get this every year and then it just ends up being the usual 2 or 3 of us.

24 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I like to believe my destiny is at least partly in my control and not down to some other being.

Because let’s face it, if there were ticket Gods, all the good folk that frequent this forum would get in. 

But what about the ne'er-do-wells who frequent the forum?

18 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

I listened to a glastocast yesterday in the car (on my own) and realised quite how much i want tickets so i started shouting "i really want a ticket for next year" - shouted it about 3 times at the top of my voice. 

Where was the car?

Outside the house with the confused faces of your family pressed against the window? 
Supermarket car park? 
Driving up the A1M?

6 hours ago, Charm said:

I’m feeling like this too, I know it’s slightly childish but I will properly cry if I miss out. 

Charm x

Im in the same boat. It's been a rough summer since getting back from G and I need this! 

Im also seeing an enormous amount of posting on Facebook of people asking questions about getting tickets for the first time. 

I can already smell the carnage and devastation and just hope I'm one of the lucky ones. 

The incredible weather of the last two festivals, the superb bbc coverage and pop acts such as Kylie has really increased interest and broadened the potential customer base. Also I reckon that every year newbies outnumber the older festival goers who drop out. Chuck in the hype of the 50th anniversary and it’s obvious we are in for a manic panic for tickets. 

Of course if it pours down and is a repeat of 2016 then tickets for 2021might be easier to get.