What have you done to appease the ticket gods?

dotdash79

2 minutes ago, dj_conway said:

I will be on a cruise ship in the middle of the Med if ticket sale date is Sunday 06th. My internet options are going to terrible verging on non existent. I may try to appease the gods by sacrificing my wife to Poseidon. Will be worth it for guaranteed tickets :)

make sure she isn't in the ticket group though .... dont want to waste any slots :)

16 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Gotta get past the missus first. Any advice on appeasing her first would be  much appreciated. One step at a time. ?

just tell her you are going end of story, if she wants to make life miserable for everyone for the next 8 months then that is her decision 

I've roped a load of my lot in as first timers in the hopes that the ticket gods will look down kindly on newbies and I'll get lumped in with them!! 

The Whatsapp group has been created and the Registration Spreadsheet is getting sent out this week. 

Not sure they're prepared for the ticket stress that's to come but the nerves are steadily mounting. 

21 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Whenever anyone has asked about Glastonbury tickets, I’ve been honest about what you have to do and how hard it is but that it is possible to get tickets. I hope that appeases the ticket gods. 

What have you done or will do?

Just done this today... maybe some benfits for me as they can help on ticket day, or be a massive hindrance!! Hahahaha

22 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Gotta get past the missus first. Any advice on appeasing her first would be  much appreciated. One step at a time. ?

Well, my other half ain't happy when I go either, especially now she has to take care of our girl all by herself for a week, but saying no to Glasto is out of the question. She learned to live with that. Also, last couple of years she has learned that the one thing that's worse than me getting tickets is me NOT getting tickets.

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

just tell her you are going end of story

This. She'll get used to it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

the moans and groans of those having to get it past the other half ...  ive kept myself single to aid my ticket buying :) 

I really never get the 'getting it past the other half', its a long weekend, and unless the time/money impacts on family holidays / family priorities then surely each person in any relationship also lives their own lives with their own loves and time out to do their own thing ... mp me person controls the other to that degree- its a partnership (caveated of course with anyone with kids/or those where it eats into family time and monies and impacts those detrimentally and without agreement )

• Upvote 1

With the Wife due our first child in January it's not so much getting it past the other half but more negotiation on when I go / come home.

Thankfully living close helps.

Current thinking is down weds morning and home Thursday afternoon.

Back down friday lunchtime and then home sunday after the headliner.

44 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

With the Wife due our first child in January it's not so much getting it past the other half but more negotiation on when I go / come home.

Thankfully living close helps.

Current thinking is down weds morning and home Thursday afternoon.

Back down friday lunchtime and then home sunday after the headliner.

I've negotiated leaving the North West Thursday lunchtime and coming home Sunday after the headliner. My eldest is at school now, and my work isn't the most flexible so it's a pretty good deal overall! The rest of my group will go down and set up Tuesday night for Wednesday. All dependent on ticket success of course!

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've negotiated leaving the North West Thursday lunchtime and coming home Sunday after the headliner. My eldest is at school now, and my work isn't the most flexible so it's a pretty good deal overall! The rest of my group will go down and set up Tuesday night for Wednesday. All dependent on ticket success of course!

Did that last time, gutted to miss out the Wednesday and did slightly over do it Thursday due to my over excitement and urge to catch up but leaving Sunday night didn’t bother me at all.