Green Day (Hella Mega Tour - Potential Glasto Slot?)

RarerThanDandyB

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The prices for this thing in NY were obscene. Looking at well over £160 for general admission in the pit. 

I went for the ridiculous price for a decent lower tier seat (£150). Once in a lifetime thing in NY, 3 good bands etc. Cost is so far removed from the actual gig it doesn't feel like part of the outlay anyway! 

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Party political maybe, but there's politics in a lot of Glastonbury - outside of the Leftfield, Greenpeace and Shangri-La more openly political standpoints, there was the Extinction Rebellion march last year, the fact the place is half staffed by Oxfam volunteers, the commitment to being as green as is feasible...

And Brexit is hugely relevant. If no deal Brexit happens, that'll massively impact how appealing it is for international acts to come over and play.

Tickets have gone up £17 this year which I think is the highest price rise ever. Part of that will be down to uncertainty about the entire supply chain for certain things in the festival next year. All this stuff is very relevant.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The presale password I got emailed is 'HELLAMEGA'. I'm not sure whether it's unique or not - worth a try anyway.

It's not.. The unique codes are for presale tickets in the first batch that have bought the album on pre-order. Glad I've got one of them because I don't see this going to General Sale with such a obvious password for the early releases. Websites gonna crash around 11am lol. 

6 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

It's not.. The unique codes are for presale tickets in the first batch that have bought the album on pre-order. Glad I've got one of them because I don't see this going to General Sale with such a obvious password for the early releases. Websites gonna crash around 11am lol. 

There's a limited number of tickets in the resale batch. It has to go to General Sale.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's a limited number of tickets in the resale batch. It has to go to General Sale.

Ah cool. So basically all this stupidly obvious non unique  code is going to do is going to let people who didn't sign up for the mailing list jump out people who did. Bit naff but not the end of the world. 

41 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I went for the ridiculous price for a decent lower tier seat (£150). Once in a lifetime thing in NY, 3 good bands etc. Cost is so far removed from the actual gig it doesn't feel like part of the outlay anyway! 

I don't think it matters really where it is, £150 is ludicrous given that's face value.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think it matters really where it is, £150 is ludicrous given that's face value.

The rumoured pricinv over here is half that to a quarter! Is the New York venue stupid small or something? 

But as has been said above this is a once in a life time gig at the end of the day so we'll probably still pay daft prices.

1 minute ago, madmaninabox said:

The rumoured pricinv over here is half that to a quarter! Is the New York venue stupid small or something? 

But as has been said above this is a once in a life time gig at the end of the day so we'll probably still pay daft prices.

It's 42k.

It is but prices have been noted here already at £85 tops I believe.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For a standing stadium ticket, that's about as low as it normally gets, right? Pretty good value considering the sizes and ticket prices of the respective bands.

Yep at the very reasonable end of stadium tickets. Three figures is becoming normal at the top end and the low end for some moneygrabbers..

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The presale password I got emailed is 'HELLAMEGA'. I'm not sure whether it's unique or not - worth a try anyway.

Thanks for that. We’re having a fly-drive in the US in July and I’d like to take in some of the iconic LA venues if possible; the Forum, Whisky etc. Green Day are playing the Dodger Stadium on our last night before flying home and whilst I’m not a fan, my son is so using the code I’ve just bagged 3 x $29 tickets up in the gods, happy days!

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Thanks for that. We’re having a fly-drive in the US in July and I’d like to take in some of the iconic LA venues if possible; the Forum, Whisky etc. Green Day are playing the Dodger Stadium on our last night before flying home and whilst I’m not a fan, my son is so using the code I’ve just bagged 3 x $29 tickets up in the gods, happy days!

Is there a 'gods' in a baseball stadium? Those stadia always look quite short.

But that's great. It will be a good time - they put on a very entertaining show even for non-fans.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Just be aware that Whisky is not always open to be able to get in and the Forum is only a Music venue so like here if you're not going to a gig the outside is what you'll see.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t think of anything more boring that FFDP and SOAD headlining, so it’s definitely not what I want :lol: 

42 minutes ago, henry bear said:

That’s good to hear. The seats are up there. Reg not included.

D29DEA41-512C-40DA-B5E4-89E140930EEA.jpeg

I mean it's far back but at least there's a clear view from any seat in there towards the 'pitch' so to speak. Some of the stadiums over here have to heavily discount the seats cos they have a pillar between you and the pitch. (Although I don't think anyones been stupid enough to hold a gig at Goodison Park ).

Just looking at photos of John Smith's and the tiering look great for a gig? Has anyone been to one there? Was it alright?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Just be aware that Whisky is not always open to be able to get in and the Forum is only a Music venue so like here if you're not going to a gig the outside is what you'll see.

I’m on the case. We’re in LA for 4 nights so I think we’ll have a good chance of seeing something in the Whisky, but the Forum less so - at least something we want to see. 

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

I’m on the case. We’re in LA for 4 nights so I think we’ll have a good chance of seeing something in the Whisky, but the Forum less so - at least something we want to see. 

Why not try the Hollywood Bowl? Iconic venue, plenty of acts playing there, and you can see it from the road even if you don’t go to a gig. 

In my opinion. It looks like a good possibility that Green Day will be a Glasto headliner. I'm pretty certain I've seen acts, like this before. They get a load of stadium gigs together, even though no-one's heard of them for years, suddenly their a serious candidate for Glastonbury. I'm pretty certain this happens with Coldplay all the time.?

Edited by stt11

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

In my opinion. It looks like a good possibility that Green Day will be a Glasto headliner. I'm pretty certain I've seen acts, like this before. They get a load of stadium gigs together, even though no-one's heard of them for years, suddenly their a serious candidate for Glastonbury. I'm pretty certain this happens with Coldplay all the time.?

These gigs are way too close to Glastonbury for one of those situations.

Glasto 24th to 28th June 2019

Green Day (UK) 24th, 26th, 27th, 29th, 

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

because it's a with-other-bands tour which has clearly sidestepped other festivals it might have had, i'm far from sure.