Green Day (Hella Mega Tour - Potential Glasto Slot?)

RarerThanDandyB

3 minutes ago, y0ungtitan said:

I know what I'm getting myself into by asking this (especially after defending the 1975 as pyramid headliners if they're playing next year) but there's no chance Green Day could be other headliners if they played, could they? Thinking along the lines of Metallica being booked for that slot a couple of years ago.

Not a silly suggestion - I’d say they are headliners or nothing tbh but you don’t have to worry about it because they aren’t playing Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, ScarletBlaster said:

No southern date on that tour, wouldn't be surprised to see all three of them on the farm!

I’ve never in my life known a headliner at Glasto to sandwich a headline slot between three other gigs. None of them will be at Glasto.

Also - since the announced tour dates clash with many festivals, it’s safe to say that this tour rules them out of festival appearances.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The people in attendance will totally be there for the new stuff.

The fact all three bands dropped new songs the same time as the announcement seems like a bit of a statement of intent to me.

Nope, there'll be no playing of any of the songs I like by any of them.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

The Hella Mega Tour 2020

June

13 Paris, France, La Defense Arena,
14 Groningen, Netherlands, Stadspark
17 Antwerp, Belgium, Sportspaleis
21 Vienna, Austria, Ernst Happel Stadium
24 Glasgow, UK, Bellahouston Park
26 London, UK, London Stadium
27 Huddersfield, UK, The John Smith’s Stadium
29 Dublin, Ireland, RDS Arena

I might have to go for France, Weezer and The Interrupters is very good for me, the latter I loved at Slam Dunk although wouldn't be shocked if they got an invite back given when those dates start. Even 29th in Ireland isn't doable really to enjoy it.

29 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Some of the cities are a bit mad aren’t they, Huddersfield? Surprised they’re not doing Manchester, Etihad or Old Trafford Cricket Ground (saw Green Day there as part of the Move Festival in 2002) or even Anfield now that they’re putting on gigs too. 

I suspect that the likes of the Etihad are already fully booked out next summer. Wembley is out of commission next summer and they usually put on a fair few gigs that’ll need relocating elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Has anyone seen the theory that this is a duff release to appease their label before releasing their intended follow up next year? I think it's nonsense but fans who are better versed in their o e u v r e seem to think it's possible.

Contractual obligation albums are nothing new. Some of them have actually been quite good. 

As has been noticed by fans the title abbreviates to FOAM which is a common padding material. 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Interesting. Insomniac was 14 songs and just over half an hour.  Return to an in-and-out short burst

Yeah this is what I thought when I saw it mentioned. Most classic punk albums that clock in somewhere around half an hour. Not that this will be one, mind.

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

Jesus I know albums are getting shorter but not even half an hour?

Generally they're getting longer because streaming pays by the song.