Green Day (Hella Mega Tour - Potential Glasto Slot?)

RarerThanDandyB

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think Fall Out Boy are a the only band I’d beg not to be there.

Never liked them throughout their career. To me their entire discography is completely unlistenable.

Highly doubt they will ever be booked too

Didn't they collaborate with Elton John on one of their songs? 

46 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Well the rumoured dates are the Friday and Sat of Glastonbury. So based on that... well I'm not really sure.

The joke I believe jparx is making is Weezer have a habit of touring the UK in June and being around Glastonbury weekend but don’t end up playing. 

Like this year - they were available on the Sunday and didn’t show up.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel Green Day is similar to RHCP headlIning Glasto.

Haven’t released a good album for a long time. Would probably go down well on the evening but does it really need to happen?

Green Day are superior in the sense that they are a good live band and the most recent output of revolution radio was a return to form, Chilis don’t have any decent newer stuff and are terrible live. Saying that, I don’t particularly think they’ll get booked but Billie was at Glasto this year. The 1975 - Fleetwood Mac - Green Day is a pretty good headliner trio imo

22 minutes ago, foolee said:

Green Day are superior in the sense that they are a good live band and the most recent output of revolution radio was a return to form, Chilis don’t have any decent newer stuff and are terrible live. Saying that, I don’t particularly think they’ll get booked but Billie was at Glasto this year. The 1975 - Fleetwood Mac - Green Day is a pretty good headliner trio imo

Revolution radio is debatable. I’m really not a fan of the album it sounds more like a Green Day cover band. They struggle to tone down the Cheese nowadays.

I agree that the trio would work but I can only see it happening if after Foo Fighters Eavis realised that typical R&L headliners might work on the farm. Foo Fighters went down well on the night so maybe they are more willing to give bands of that stature a shot at headlining. 

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Same with every headliner tbh.

Not always - some headliners are more questionable than others. 

I just can’t seem to clarify in my mind why 2020 and not years before? Unless there has been a conscious shift in headliner bookings.

However I just think it won’t happen. Can someone pin point me a headliner which has played two massive UK dates on Glastonbury weekend and headlined as well? There can’t be many?

No 3 date runs on their last tour apart from one where the middle date was 6 sings on a tv show.

Often 3 out of 4 nights, so could be more to do with logistics of moving a big show round rather than strains on the band but I think they can probably be ruled out.

29 minutes ago, jump said:

I'd suspect the opening bands will regional, so The Interrupters may just for the US with other acts in the UK/Europe. The Interrupters supported Green Day on their last UK tour so I'd be mildly surprised if it's them again.

I should add, the leak who got Huddersfield correct also specifically said The Interrupters would be playing the UK dates!

The Hella Mega Tour 2020

June

13 Paris, France, La Defense Arena,
14 Groningen, Netherlands, Stadspark
17 Antwerp, Belgium, Sportspaleis
21 Vienna, Austria, Ernst Happel Stadium
24 Glasgow, UK, Bellahouston Park
26 London, UK, London Stadium
27 Huddersfield, UK, The John Smith’s Stadium
29 Dublin, Ireland, RDS Arena