Truck 2020

Tonybyates

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

any idea if its definitely a TBC there? surely fontaines are that slot as its all the same size like them idles and dmas

No Clue. I don't know in Fontaine's are as big as IDLES, but maybe similar popularity as DMAs? I really have no idea. 

I based it on that thr1st announcement in 2019 had Don Broco the same font size as the subs, but Johnny Marr was added.

17 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

No Clue. I don't know in Fontaine's are as big as IDLES, but maybe similar popularity as DMAs? I really have no idea. 

I based it on that thr1st announcement in 2019 had Don Broco the same font size as the subs, but Johnny Marr was added.

They’re about as big as those two bands, yeah. They’re the highest billed act after the headliners. Won’t be bumped down.

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

just came to say this after seeing that announcement poster yeah

although given its sold out big additions seem unlikely, probably just the dj sets

3 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Shame, sundara and la roux were the market stage headliners last year, so I'm guess the first two will be again

Youre right.. ive trawled through the info from last year with acts that confirmed what stages they were on and adjusted this mock slightly..

TRUCK POSTER.png

Had missed that The Holloways were on the line up! Great memories of their gigs from back in the day. 13 years since I last saw them 😳

On a separate note will anyone be pulling together a spotify playlist of some of the acts? Looks like there is a lot I need to listen to before July!

What a great lineup! Bombay, Royal Blood, Blossoms, Idles, Fontaines D.C, Circa Waves, Sports Team, Shame, The Lathums, The Big Moon, The Snuts, Dinosaur Pile Up, Black Honey and Vistas are all cracking. 

Not going this year but if you aren't aware of some of the smaller bands I'd highly recommend listening to/going to watch Pigs x7, The Mysterines & Talk Show. My pick of the smaller bands on the lineup. Hoping for all these acts at R&L this year. 

Have gone through and listened to a song from every artist on the lineup today while getting some work done and I've gotta say even that lower bunch of smaller names has some insane quality in it. Check out The Clockworks, probably my favourite discovery from first listen. Baby Queen are also very good but I'd heard of them before just forgot about them. Want Me by them is essentially Don't Delete The Kisses but upbeat and dancey. Very good

6 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Would love to see Gang Of Youths take that subbing spot on the Friday. 

surely too small for that over here? they would be great as 2nd stage headliner i think - one of my favourite sets of sziget 19

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I think we’ve got all the subs. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a 3rd down that’s yet to be announced but that slot could easily be taken by Hot 8 Brass Band

Not sure, there doesn't seem to be a particular vast amount of non British bands on festival bills this year

29 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Not sure, there doesn't seem to be a particular vast amount of non British bands on festival bills this year

True. I was just thinking cuz they’re a staple of this fest but you’re probably right given the circumstances

• Upvote 1

Here's a very early clashfinder based on the estimated poster above and stage times from previous years. Always loved the way the Truck and Market stages alternated in previous years, definitely some potential for some strong runs! I've got Fontaines in 3rd for now, I've just got a feeling we could see Everything Everything come in to sub on the friday, but who knows.

https://clashfinder.com/s/truck2021possible/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

I've got Fontaines in 3rd for now, I've just got a feeling we could see Everything Everything come in to sub on the friday, but who knows.

Fonts are bigger. And I think it’s reasonable to say that anyone bigger than them would be headlining.

Pale Waves also seem too big for 4th down so I think those top three lines, at least, are complete.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:03 PM, frontsidecab said:

Here's a very early clashfinder based on the estimated poster above and stage times from previous years. Always loved the way the Truck and Market stages alternated in previous years, definitely some potential for some strong runs! I've got Fontaines in 3rd for now, I've just got a feeling we could see Everything Everything come in to sub on the friday, but who knows.

https://clashfinder.com/s/truck2021possible/

Yeah a fest the size of Truck. Headliner share I get but Fontaines are playing Ally Pally as are DMAs. You won't get an act higher than Ally Pally slot in there.

3 hours ago, bleegghh said:

not unreasonable to have a fontaines sized band third down considering don broco had already played an arena tour including the SSE arena wembley before being third down at both truck and community that year.

Broco puts themselves everywhere though. I think that's why they don't get higher Reading sets because it doesn't pay to book them higher.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Had missed that The Holloways were on the line up! Great memories of their gigs from back in the day. 13 years since I last saw them 😳

On a separate note will anyone be pulling together a spotify playlist of some of the acts? Looks like there is a lot I need to listen to before July!

Hey all - I'm back now that festivals are somewhat confirmed. 🤞🤞🤞

Fingers crossed that truck is going ahead! I updated my setlists playlist from last year. 95% of the songs in this playlist will be played. Learn the songs and sing along. It's the same truck festival master playlist that people were following pre the 2020 cancellation. Please go ahead and steal from this and make your own playlists! Or if you want to just shuffle a playlist of the top artists to learn some tunes then here you go. 🙂  I will be updating it sporadically.